Author Topic: State of RailPro update  (Read 21235 times)

ON28

• Conductor
State of RailPro update
« on: November 01, 2023, 11:09:08 AM »
In an email Ring (don't know exactly who) said the shortage of parts has led them to redesign some boards but that that effort should be completed shortly and new product development/releases resumed, and that new products "could be available by the end of this year".

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Re: State of RailPro update
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 11:25:45 AM »
Here's hoping for a 21 pin LM!!!
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2023, 04:21:19 PM »
Furthermore, in answer to my query, Ring has considered adding equalizer settings to the LM. But, "probably 99% of our users would not know what it was and would have no interest in it," and will focus on what it thinks customers would be more interested in.

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2023, 11:47:17 AM »
I know a lot of us are looking for a 21 pin module but is it really needed? Sizing the width of the LM3 down even 10% would allow for easier physical installs for us HO guys!

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2023, 12:56:57 PM »
Smaller module and a 21 pin connector - let's get greedy!
Ian Lisakowski

trainman605

• Engineer
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 08:40:06 AM »
Having RaiPro for several years and at age 78 I'm pretty happy with the present operation of the system. I do realize that electronics are the future in just about everything we have and do today and that many never get enough of it, so for me I will just stick with what I have.

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2023, 07:51:59 PM »
Bump!

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2023, 08:19:22 PM »
Just annotating my original post that it was Tim Ring with whom I was corresponding.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2023, 03:35:43 AM »
I'm not sure why snowdog bumped this thread, but it reminded me I was going to reply to his post.

I know a lot of us are looking for a 21 pin module but is it really needed? Sizing the width of the LM3 down even 10% would allow for easier physical installs for us HO guys!

Just because you presumably model US outline in H0 with big honkin diesels and steamers doesn't mean everyone does. Try and get a current size LM and an adapter harness into a non US outline loco and you'd start to question your sanity. A 10% smaller LM would help a bit but a 21 pin version would help a lot, considering the 9 pin was not plug and play outside of the US and everyone else is doing the 21 pin.

Ripping everything out and hardwiring is the goto method for me simply because of what I model, no other choice because of space, hence after near 10 years of owning RailPro I've only converted exactly two of my models.

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2023, 07:57:31 AM »
Not all those North American diesels are Big!! After doing 5 switcher installs (one P2K S3 and 4 Rapido SW1200RS), I'm all for a smaller module as well.

The 21 pin connector would assist with wiring all the headlights. My Rapido SW1200RS locos have ZERO lights as you have to rip out the board to make just enough room for the module, a speaker and a Keep Alive under the cab.  I don't have enough time in my life (nor the patience or eyesight) to run the wires and resistors for all the lighting in those beasts...
Ian Lisakowski

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2023, 05:21:34 AM »
I'm not sure why snowdog bumped this thread, but it reminded me I was going to reply to his post.

This is one reason why I bumped it. I had the feeling someone needed to say something else...you're welcome!!

Also, I was hoping someone had news about the announcement that started this thread.

Bryan

Santa fe chief

• Brakeman
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2023, 10:15:11 PM »
21 pin and use a decoder buddy!  Some of my stuff isn’t dcc ready