Author Topic: HO deadrail  (Read 11217 times)

algae

• Brakeman
HO deadrail
« on: November 21, 2023, 10:50:36 AM »
I'm thinking of putting together an HO battery powered locomotive.  Most of the recommendations I can find for batteries are several years old.  Does anyone have any current recommendations on a good battery/charger to go with? 

Also, I'm likely to get a DCC-ready locomotive and add sound.  Any recommendations on a really good speaker?

Thanks!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: HO deadrail
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 03:43:47 AM »
I'd start by reading this thread (and the linked thread in the first post) for some ideas. They are well done installs: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,345.0.html . I can't help on batteries but for speakers many swear by Scale Sound Systems for his aftermarket speakers and also KPack recommends TB Speakers (big but worth it), which you can also get the same thing from ESU Loksound now. See this thread: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,1454.0.html.

- Tim

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 09:49:36 AM »
Pete Steinmetz at deadrailinstalls.com has what you need. Kits, batteries, etc., and a wealth of knowledge. I am no longer in deadrail but have a charger, please message me for price. I also have a Del-Tang radio throttle and receiver that can get you started with loco control and lights.

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2023, 07:22:26 PM »
I'm doing deadrail in my HO locos which is exciting. The other day we were running at the club and the block I was in got shorted and the booster shut down. I kept on running and let the guys know.  8)

snowdog

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2024, 09:17:38 PM »
I'm thinking of putting together an HO battery powered locomotive.  Most of the recommendations I can find for batteries are several years old.  Does anyone have any current recommendations on a good battery/charger to go with? 

Also, I'm likely to get a DCC-ready locomotive and add sound.  Any recommendations on a really good speaker?

Thanks!

Talk to Don Sweet at RCSofNE. He supplies Lithium-ion batteries from MTO with smart chargers. You can do the install yourself or he has an HO installer who will do it.

Good luck!