Author Topic: Ring MIA at Springfield  (Read 9332 times)

ON28

• Conductor
Ring MIA at Springfield
« on: January 29, 2024, 09:43:18 AM »
Back from the big Amherst show and, as usual, Ring choosing not to exhibit. Such a missed opportunity to create buzz, make connections, and broaden the market for RailPro. Not just scale, but the garden railway segment is well-represented, too. Does Ring appear at any hobby events? I talk up RP and its great features, and get a lot of blank looks from people who want to know more but have never even heard of it. One well-known manufacturer of electrical components who should known better actually said, "My products won't work with Ring's electricity!" (Which isn't even true.)

Here's the thing: I was looking at the new BL2 loco at the Bachmann booth. I asked a rep, why bother with a fringey, postwar diesel that sold less than 60 units? "Because we need to create excitement and interest in the brand, and around the rest of our products!" he said.

Attendance on Saturday was 15,612, a record. Seems like a missed opportunity, especially with the new HC to demonstrate.

« Last Edit: January 29, 2024, 09:52:40 AM by ON28 »

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Ring MIA at Springfield
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2024, 06:42:11 PM »
Yeah, I would love to see Ring Engineering out there more.  If people at these shows had the chance to get a hands-on test of Railpro's tech there would be a lot of interest. 

One thing to think about in a setting like that is how crowded are the radio waves?  Railpro operates on 2.4 gHz, which is the same as many other things.  Would wave band saturation be a problem? 

Either way, getting modelers to buy in requires hands-on.  I can do some with the modelers I run into, but that's a pretty small group.  Amherst, or even a smaller show, would be great.

-Kevin

mcbunton

• Fireman
Re: Ring MIA at Springfield
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2024, 04:03:18 PM »
Would have thought Don Sweet would be there as a dealer?  He's from NH and supports that show I believe.