Author Topic: Rapido B36-7 Decoder Mapping  (Read 1204 times)

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Rapido B36-7 Decoder Mapping
« on: July 08, 2024, 02:19:31 PM »
Hi Group,

Referencing my previous topic on the Rapido B36-7 and it's mapping (https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,1572.0.html), I just got a copy of the ESU non-sound decoder file from Rapido. Does anyone here have the ability to read it and figure out how they mapped Function 13 for the SP Gyra-lites? I'd really like to get this unit completed.
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Rapido B36-7 Decoder Mapping
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2024, 04:54:13 AM »
Possibly. Reading it is easy. Explaining what they did and translating to something for RailPro will be harder . Where is this ESU file located? Did you download it somewhere or did Rapido send it to you?

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2024, 07:51:40 AM »
Hi Tim, Rapido sent it to me. Where shall I put it on RPUG for you to delve into the mysteries?
Ian Lisakowski

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2024, 08:20:47 AM »
Well if Bill doesn't have an issue then right here in this thread I guess. Once I've downloaded it I can remove it from your post if needed.

If either you or Bill has a concern you can zip the file with a password and PM me the password.

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2024, 10:14:15 AM »
I have no issues with attaching it here.
Ian Lisakowski

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 09:03:54 AM »
Well, it's as I thought from the original thread; The Gyralight operates on a logic level output from the LokSound decoder. This means as of right now you can't power it directly through the 21 pin interface with RP.

This is the function mapping for the B36-7 from Rapido. As you can see for the entries with F13 in them the Gyralight is on Aux11 (forward) and Aux12 (reverse). These are pins 6 and 5 on the 21 pin decoder.

rapido_b36-7_loksound_function_mapping.png
Click image to enlarge

Now the confusing thing with whats in your photo's from the other thread is that while U+ is positive and has a red wire. X11 and X12, being logic level should also be positive but they, along with X10 (the emergency light) have black wires. Not that many manufacturers follow any colour convention when it comes to wiring but it's not helpful in figuring out whats what. I also don't see any connection to ground on the board.

To really work out what's going on you'll have to unscrew the Gyralight board and see what's going on the underside.

I still solidly suspect you'll have to hardwire your own Gyralight in. It may be possible to modify the existing board but until we know what's what with it it's too hard to say.

-Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 09:50:54 AM »
Thanks for reading the file Tim. I'll try and get some photos of the Gyra-lite board tonight so we can continue delving into the mysteries...
Ian Lisakowski