Author Topic: Bridge Rectifier  (Read 3769 times)

KPack

• Conductor
Bridge Rectifier
« on: August 24, 2024, 09:23:30 AM »
Over half my locomotives have the LM-2S.  I've installed keep alives in most of them, but I have a few left that need it.  I'll be using the PBM-2 because they work much better than a standard keep alive.  But the PBM needs a bridge rectifier to work with the old LM-2S.

What are the specs for the bridge rectifier that I need?  I bought all the bridge rectifiers in the past from Bill at PDC, but I don't know what the specs were on those.

-Kevini

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Bridge Rectifier
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 06:37:48 AM »
Some searching of Bill's posts here he mentions DF04S when talking about bridge rectifiers he used. There's many offerings of this from different suppliers it seems (and at different price points) and the first result I pulled up on DigiKey gives these specs.

Voltage - Peak Reverse (Max)400 v
Current - Average Rectified (Io)1.5A
Voltage - Forward (Vf) (Max) @ If1.1 V @ 1.5 A

A quick search of your favourite electronics supplier should give you plenty of choices.

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2024, 09:19:07 AM »
Kevin,

I still have a bunch of the bridge rectifiers that Bill sold. I have no further need for them. How many are you looking for?
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2024, 09:43:45 AM »
Tim - thanks, that was the information I was looking for.  For whatever reason I couldn't find the part number when I was searching the forums.

Ian - If you're not going to use them I will gladly take them.  I'll need 5 or 6.  I'll pay for them and shipping.  PM coming.  Thanks!

gregeusa

• Engineer
    • Greg's web site
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2024, 01:23:38 PM »
I would reinforce that 400v piv is way beyond what is needed. This is not to argue, but often people who are not engineers take suggestions verbatium.

I juat had an instance of a manufacturer showing a blocking diode on a keepalive circuit with a 1000 volt piv...  and the poor individual went nuts fitting this component... because it was huge...
Lots of tips and techniques on my site: www.elmassian.com contact me greg@elmassian.com