Author Topic: HC issue  (Read 4088 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
HC issue
« on: February 07, 2016, 01:09:22 PM »
Last night I was setting up a new engine and while running the engine back and forth on my test track, my screen suddenly broke out in hives or something. Hopefully I can get this picture to show up. It only took me about 1 1/2 hours to get it uploaded to PB after using it for years.

Josephbw Railpro screen issue.JPG
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 01:21:01 PM by William Brillinger »

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: HC issue
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2016, 01:26:51 PM »
Well that doesn't look good :(

Have you tried a reset, using the button on the back of the HC?

If a reset does not help, I'd suspect a loose connection somewhere inside the HC.
I suggest contacting Ring about is as soon as possible.

- Bill
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2016, 04:32:52 PM »
Hi Bill, I got so excited that I finally got the picture to PB, that I forgot to put my question in the post. I was going to ask if a reset would alter any of the info I have input to it. And I will send Tim a note about it.

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2016, 05:20:46 PM »
I tried the reset button, no change. I sent Tim an email and he said that I should send it in and they would have to fix it. So it went back to Tim today. I'll update when I get it back.

Joe

PS, I figured out why I was having so much trouble with Photobucket. They now require you to turn off adblock so you have the privilege of ads scrolling across the page with items you don't want. So rather ran give them .99 to turn off the ads, I just turned off adblock for the PB page.  >:(

Josephbw

• Conductor
Re: HC issue - UPDATE
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2016, 02:55:33 PM »
I received an email from Ring Eng. today that my HC has been repaired under warranty and will be shipped back tomorrow. They also offered another LM-2S for $50.00 for my trouble. 9 days including shipping time, not bad.

Joe

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2016, 04:29:57 PM »
Ring always stands by their customers.  I have never had anything but good to say about them.  In a time when so many businesses seem to put the customer on the backburner, it's comforting to know that it is not the case with Ring Engineering.  Quality products from quality people.

Glad you got it repaired! 

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2016, 05:18:44 PM »
I agree with Kevin. Ring has some of the best CS, if not the best I have experienced.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

SD90

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2016, 05:02:24 PM »
This is great to hear!
Good customer service is lacking these days in many companies!

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2016, 10:29:20 PM »
As a follow up to my post above, Tim offered the LM2s, but I had just purchased 10 from Bill, and didn't need any more at that time. I mentioned that I could use a deal on a power pick up truck for a caboose project that I was going to tackle. So Tim sent me 2 power trucks N/C.

You can't beat service like that.  ;D

Joe

BTW, the power trucks work great to power my flashing red lights on the caboose.