Author Topic: Walthers turntable with RailPro  (Read 4337 times)

SWA737

• Engineer
Walthers turntable with RailPro
« on: March 18, 2016, 01:27:38 PM »
 I am slowly switching over from DCC to RailPro.  I have the Walther's motorized 90 foot turntable with DCC item # 933-2849 on my layout and was wondering if I have to tear into it and remove the auto reversing circuit and install it with a railpro auto reversing circuit or will the current one work?  Thanks, Rob

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Walthers turntable with RailPro
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2016, 05:23:40 PM »
I don't have the answer Rob, and since no one else on here has replied, I would suspect that no one else does either, so I would recommend that you send an email to Ring. Tim Ring will usually answer very quickly.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Jim_N

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2016, 10:01:29 AM »
Rob,

I had an exchange with Tim at Ring a while back about auto-reversing.

Here is my exact question:  "A second question about auto-reverse.  My layout presently has a reverse loop that I am controlling with a MRC 2 amp auto-reverse module.  Will a LM-2S installed locomotive running on my present layout be able to negotiate the loop without the need of an AR-1 module or a PWR-56 power supply?"

Here is Tim's answer:  "Yes.  A locomotive with a LM-2S installed should be able to go through your reversing loop that is powered by DCC and switched with a MRC 2 amp auto-reverse module."

I acknowledge that we were not talking about a turntable operation but from Tim's response I would infer that as long as you are powering your tracks & turntable with a DCC booster and not a Ring PWR-56 then you should not need to worry about replacing the Walthers auto-reverser.  However, if you're using the Ring product for track power you will also be using their AM-1 accessory module to control the turntable, right? I am pretty sure that you cannot run the turntable using Ring power without having the accessory module between the power source and the turntable.

Maybe best procedure as nodcc4me suggested is to drop Tim a note.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 10:03:26 AM by Jim_N »

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
 OK thank you Jim. That helps

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2016, 09:25:18 AM »
 I did hook up the Walthers turntable about a week ago with RailPro and it works fantastic.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2016, 11:51:31 AM »
How about a video??  It'd be great to see it in action.  I'm sure a lot of non-Railpro users would be interested in seeing it also.

-Kevin

Jim_N

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »
Rob,

I second Kevin's request for a video if you can swing it.  I also have a Walthers 90 foot tt but it is still in the box so not yet part of my layout; altho I do have the hole cut for it.  Seeing yours in operation would be informative.  Also, did you use an AM-1 setup for a "swing bridge" as the Ring website illustrates or did you develop a different procedure?

Jim