Author Topic: Custom Pictures  (Read 3871 times)

Archive

• Conductor
Custom Pictures
« on: October 09, 2015, 11:52:34 AM »
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 7, 2015

While messing around with custom pictures I found a few things that might be helpful to others. I have used both Photoshop Elements and GIMP 2.  GIMP 2 is free and has most of the functions and capabilities that PSE has (at least for our purposes it does). 

One thing I found with GIMP is that you have to save the Bitmap (BMP) image a certain way.  First, in order to save as BMP you need to "export as" rather than "save as". 

Second, when you save the image as BMP you need to check the "do not write color space information" box under the "Comptability Options" tab on the export box that pops up.  If you fail to check this box the picture will look rather bizzare when loaded onto Railpro Assistant. 

BTW, you can check how the picture looks in Railpro Assistant (RPA) before loading it onto the controller by clicking "view" next to the picture after you have imported it to RPA.

Hope this helps!

-Kevin

Archive

• Conductor
Re: Custom Pictures
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 11:52:48 AM »
Originally posted by TS on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

Thanks for that update Kevin,

I had briefly experimented with loading a custom picture from GIMP
into Railpro, and wondered why the nice maroon and silver loco was
green and something else in RailPro. Now I have the answer.

Cheers,

Tim
Land of OZ

Archive

• Conductor
Re: Custom Pictures
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 11:53:00 AM »
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Jun 11, 2015

Yep, I had the exact same problem....green locomotive.  It threw me off for a while until I was able to track the issue back to GIMP.  Initially I thought it was a bug in RPA, but I had loaded many pictures before without an issue.  The difference was I had used Photoshop Elements to edit the previous pictures.

-Kevin