Author Topic: Assistant software install fail  (Read 2611 times)

brickmodder

• Fireman
Assistant software install fail
« on: May 22, 2016, 04:44:39 PM »
I am trying to install the Railpro assistant to my windows 7 pc to no avail. I keep getting the same error message stating files could not be copied from Ring Engineering. I'll try a different pc, different OS and Internet provider tomorrow.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Assistant software install fail
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2016, 07:33:42 AM »
Rob,

You might need to check whether the RP Assistant installer program (what you downloaded and ran) was blocked by your firewall. This is the most likely reason it could not download and install the program. The installer program connects to the RE server to download the actual RP Assistant program. It's a very convoluted way they have chosen to do this.

- Tim

brickmodder

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 08:17:43 AM »
I got farther along on a different PC today.  The progress bar got about 90% of the way to the end and then an error came up stating it could not start the unpackage program.

Edit: Turning off antivirus temporarily fixed the install problem on the second PC.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:59:39 AM by brickmodder »

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2016, 04:21:46 PM »
Avast (virus scanner) flagged the RP Assistant as malicious even though we know it isn't. I had to temporarily pause Avast to complete the install.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro