Author Topic: Adding an engine  (Read 11105 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Adding an engine
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2016, 10:46:39 PM »
Does "Set all speeds to zero" also set the speed of locos under the control of another throttle to zero too?
If not, it may be a handy shortcut.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2016, 07:07:19 AM »
Does "Set all speeds to zero" also set the speed of locos under the control of another throttle to zero too?

No, "Set all speeds to zero" will inform other HC's that you pressed the button, but it's up to the persons running the other HC's to stop their trains themselves. The other HC's must also be detected and stored in your HC for this to work.

I can see the reason for that logic (your the one that's lost track of what your doing with running too many trains at once so why stop everyone else) but it also works as a disadvantage too (like a cornfield meet with someone else whose not paying attention); the Stop- Power off feature might get used for that last one but if you power the layout with something else other than a PWR-75 or PWR-56 then that won't work.

- Tim

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2016, 09:21:19 AM »
If not, it may be a handy shortcut.

I'll give that a try. Thanks.
Dean

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2016, 11:08:04 PM »
Maybe I'm missing something but I still cannot run more than two consist without problems. Not all at once, but one after another. I tried calling up every engine in a consist individually, making sure the throttle was at 00, then waiting and then going to the next engine. No help. That method doesn't make any sense. I would think all the engines in a consist would get the same speed signal, at the same time, otherwise you would have a very poor running consist. If one engine gets a speed signal of 00, then they all would.
I tried the semi E -Stop button that sends 00 to all engines and that didn't help either.
I parked one consist on a yard lead and remove power from that track. Now there were only nine engines with RailPro decoders in them that had power. I cycled power to the HC-2 and tried running one of the remaining consist. No help. I then used the reset button to get the remaining consist running.
I might be missing something in the procedure to release the engines, but when there are only 9 RailPro decoders on the layout, and i still get the too many engines warning, then I'm really confused.
Thoughts?

Thanks. 
Dean

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2016, 07:12:30 AM »
I'm thinking that the engines you parked were still in the controller. Did you wait 10 seconds before shutting down the track power in that section?
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2016, 07:21:08 AM »
Is the software on the HC and the LM's all up to date?

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #21 on: July 21, 2016, 12:19:11 PM »
In addition to setting the throttle to 0, you also need to turn off the engine and douse the lights and anything else that is activated, then wait the 10 seconds before resumption of another consist.

Joe

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #22 on: July 21, 2016, 12:26:35 PM »
I'm thinking that the engines you parked were still in the controller. Did you wait 10 seconds before shutting down the track power in that section?
I tried counting 1-chimpanzee, 2- chimpanzee, etc. but maybe it was still too fast.
Dean

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #23 on: July 21, 2016, 12:29:10 PM »
Is the software on the HC and the LM's all up to date?
I just downloaded the latest software for the HC-2 and the LM-2s. I'll upgrade as soon as I can.
Dean

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #24 on: July 21, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
In addition to setting the throttle to 0, you also need to turn off the engine and douse the lights and anything else that is activated, then wait the 10 seconds before resumption of another consist.

Joe
I would have thought that removing power to the track would accomplish all that. How do you turn off the engine?
Dean

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 01:01:39 PM »
Set the speed to zero, turn off sounds and lights. Don't shut down the power for about 10 seconds.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2016, 01:56:08 PM »
How do you turn off the engine?

I think the intention here was to "turn off the prime mover sound".

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #27 on: July 22, 2016, 10:05:44 AM »
How do you turn off the engine?

I think the intention here was to "turn off the prime mover sound".

That's what I meant, I guess I could have phrased it better. Basically just turn off everything that you had activated from your HC, then wait the 10 seconds.

Joe

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2016, 10:10:59 PM »
I finally got the HC-2 and all the LM-2 parts upgraded to the latest software. Now everything is working as expected. I stop the consist, shut off all the lights, wait ten seconds and then move to the main page. I can then select another consist without issue.

I also changed from counting Chimpanzees to Mississippi's.   :D
Dean

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2016, 10:22:26 PM »
YAY!!