Author Topic: How do I see the track plan in a thread?  (Read 5343 times)

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
How do I see the track plan in a thread?
« on: January 13, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
Please help me to see the track plan in thread:
http://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,319.msg2096.html#new

This is what I see:
railpro.JPG

Obviously Dean can see it.  What am I doing wrong?  Where should I be looking to change some setting?
Thanks for your help
LeRoy
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 06:52:25 PM by Homeless by Choice »
Retired, Homeless, and full timer RVer.  I live in my truck camper and roam the USA, Canada, and Alaska.  I sold my home to my son but I still have full access to the entire lower level.  I have somewhat of a HO bench plan designed.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: How do I see the track plan in a thread?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 07:19:48 PM »
LeRoy, what browser are you using? Is it on a MAC?

Does this link work for you?

https://s30.postimg.org/r7db6kgcx/15875488_1235356263199534_1313839189986886222_o.jpg
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 08:22:07 PM »
Works fine on my iMac .

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 07:19:23 PM »
LeRoy, what browser are you using? Is it on a MAC?

Does this link work for you?

https://s30.postimg.org/r7db6kgcx/15875488_1235356263199534_1313839189986886222_o.jpg

1.  I am using Firefox on Windows 10.

2.  Yes, when I double click your posted link, it opens correctly.

3.  So what am I not doing or doing wrong?

Thanks,
LeRoy
Retired, Homeless, and full timer RVer.  I live in my truck camper and roam the USA, Canada, and Alaska.  I sold my home to my son but I still have full access to the entire lower level.  I have somewhat of a HO bench plan designed.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2017, 07:26:06 PM »

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2017, 07:28:30 PM »
Can you see 2 images here...

full size:

Reduced:

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2017, 08:25:51 PM »
Can you see 2 images here...

full size:

Reduced:

Bill,
Yes, both images are immediately showing.

I haven't looked at what you suggested in the previous post.  I belong to three other forums and the images have always and still immediately show.

Thanks,
LeRoy

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2017, 08:54:51 PM »
Here are some things you can try:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fix-problems-images-not-show

Hi Bill,
I just read thru this website.  I reviewed all the suggestions.  Everything seemed to be the way FireFox suggests.  I didn't change a thing.  I DID NOT clear the "cookies or cache" because I don't want to recreate them for my other secure sites.

Since I didn't find anything useful, I went back into the site in question, "http://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,319.msg2096.html#new".  It now displays the layout fully as it is suppose to.  There were no updates or programs added to my computer since last Friday, seven days ago.  All the while images on my other forums worked correctly.  The gremlin seems to have left.  I am glad but I am also concerned as to what allowed the gremlin to invade my computer.

Thanks for your help,
LeRoy

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2017, 08:58:11 PM »
Most likely the image failed to fully download the first time and it sat corrupted in your cache until it timed out and reloaded.

Cheers!

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2017, 06:16:25 PM »
Most likely the image failed to fully download the first time and it sat corrupted in your cache until it timed out and reloaded.

Cheers!

Bill,

Thank you for your support.
LeRoy

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2017, 07:21:06 AM »
LeRoy,

Next time that happens pres <ctrl> <shift> Q in Firefox while on the forum page. That will open the Network monitor. Click the Network Monitor "Reload" button. It will then show you the download status of each element on the page. If you see an image with a RED indicator or 0 bytes size then that is an image that is supposed to be there but didn't make it for some reason. Pressing <shift> refresh often fixes it.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Homeless by Choice

• Fireman
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2017, 07:29:33 PM »
Alan,

Thanks for your reply.  I made a copy of it and placed it next to my computer.

LeRoy