Author Topic: Engine order on Controler screens  (Read 2031 times)

SWA737

• Engineer
Engine order on Controler screens
« on: January 31, 2017, 06:24:15 PM »
 I am wondering if there is anyway to put the engines in a logical order on the controller screens. I have eight controllers and as I was acquiring the engines the first time for each, they came up in different orders on different controllers. Would love to have all of them in a logical order. An example, RS3's together , F units together, swishers together and steam together.  They are scattered all over the pages on the touchscreens.  Has anyone been able to do this?
 Thanks, Rob

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Engine order on Controler screens
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 10:12:00 AM »
That would be a good feature to have. Technically, you can not change the order of the locomotives. But there is a way to get them in a particular order. You would have to delete every one, then remove them all from the track. One by one, place them on the track in the order you want them to be in and use Find Product to place them in that order.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 11:52:21 AM »
^ That's what I did to get mine in the order I wanted.  Most used on the first page, grouped by type of train they will typically be run on. 

Rob, with as many controllers as you have, you may want to consider assigning specific controllers to specific tasks.  For example, if you have certain jobs or areas that always need an operator (yard for example) it would make sense to have one controller dedicated to that position, and only load the locomotives that the operator will typically use.  Similarly, have a few locomotives dedicated to road trains with the locomotives most used loaded onto those.  Organizing it this way will make it so operators don't have to wade through pages of locomotives to set up a consist.

When I eventually get to building a full layout, I'll have four controllers.  One dedicated through-traffic road trains loaded with the locomotives used for that.  One dedicated to an on-layout yard for switching ops.  One dedicated to the locals that will switch out towns and industries.  And one for the staging yard that will double as two different off-layout locations.  That controller will have locomotives dedicated to run that yard, and I will have a CI-1 and computer there as well with all the locomotives loaded on it in order to build consists for the various trains that will run the layout.

-Kevin

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 09:01:01 PM »
Ok thanks Al & Kevin. That all  make sense.
Rob