RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Programming hiccups??

<< < (2/4) > >>

Archive:
Originally posted by Shawn Hogan on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 12, 2015

Thank you all for sharing your experiences. Nothing like personal referrals! :)
I almost want to tear my hair out reading some of the DCC threads and I don't even own any system. I have bought a couple locos with it factory installed but that was mostly because I wanted the loco not the decoder!
Now to gather the funds to make it happen...
Shawn

Archive:
Originally posted by picturemaker22 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 13, 2015

It was all those threads with people having all these problems with DCC that kept me away for quite a few years. I would sooner stay with straight DC and have some fun, not headaches.

RailPro came along and it seemed to have all the things that I was looking for, and it does just that.

In the two years I have been running RailPro, I have not lost any settings.

Mel

Archive:
Originally posted by gregzygadlo on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 13, 2015

I'm one who in the last year has gotten back in the hobby and have been looking at DCC.  When looking at the Walthers catalog I saw railpro and it caught my eye because it looked so much easier.  Currently I buy all my engines as DC because I didn't know if I was going to stay straight DC, but seeing no MFG offer engines with RailPro modules in them, I will continue to do that.

Once I have my track laid down I will be buying a railpro system.  Granted it a little pricier than DCC systems, but from what I can see some of the programming headaches go away.

Archive:
Originally posted by William Brillinger on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 13, 2015

Greg,

Welcome to the Railpro Users group, I'm sure you will enjoy your RailPro system.

Everyone,

The statement "RailPro is a little pricier than DCC systems" is something I see and hear often, but I don't understand it.

The RailPro starter kit is $299 US (YankeeDabbler)
    This kit includes a power supply and a wireless controller.

A comparable digitrax system is:
    5A Empire builder Wireless starter set: $508

I say this is comparable because it comes with the power supply, and a wireless radio that can be used for programming. It's the fewest pieces needed to get to the functionality that RailPro offers out of the box.

or start cheaper for About $375+
    Zepher Starter Set: $160
    Wireless receiver: $114
    Basic Wireless throttle: $103 (or advanced: $190+)

RailPro Decoders are $46 to $75.
Digitrax Decoders are $20 to $55.

So for a large fleet of locos, I can agree DCC decoders can be less expensive, but to get started with wireless control (not infrared), I don't see it.

Am I missing something? Is Wireless DCC really less expensive than RailPro?

- Bill

Archive:
Originally posted by LK&O on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Sep 13, 2015

Adding additional throttles is where RailPro gets pricey compared to DCC.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version