Author Topic: Canadian Pacific horns and bells  (Read 2831 times)

Dave

• Fireman
Canadian Pacific horns and bells
« on: March 03, 2017, 10:12:28 AM »
I have two Canadian Pacific engines a Bowser Alco c-630 and a FM H24-66.

Any recommendations on which type of horn and bell sound I should upload from the Railpro site that would be close to CP's use?

Thanks

David

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Canadian Pacific horns and bells
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 09:56:43 PM »
A cursory search of the internet has revealed information that indicates the CP  used the Nathan K3L and M3H a lot.  The Nathan 3 chime that Ring has would be a good one to try first. I have no idea if it's a K3L or M3H or not. You might just have to try all the Nathan K3's Ring has to see if one sounds suitable. If nothing's suitable welcome to the club of having to try and find suitable recordings to make your own horn files.

The bell, no idea at all.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2017, 10:59:18 PM »
Try consulting some youtube videos that showcase the kind of trains you are modelling and look for details regarding those particular engines. Also searching Youtube with the Horn Style (such as Nathan K3L) will result in a number of examples of those horns in use.

These can help you decide which horn to choose and possibly be a good source for making your own horn files.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 04:54:55 PM »
I model CP Rail in the early 80's and I'm quite happy with the K3LA horn available in the files section here on RPUG. I highly recommend using the shortened looping file vs. the original looping file. I use the standard Diesel Bell.

I am looking for a faster ring rate on the bell so I can make my ex CN VIA FP9s have their ridiculously fast ring rate (same for the GMD-1s).
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 05:03:14 PM »
Ian, if  you would like to have a faster ring rate, download the GE steel bell in RPA. It has a nice tone.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.