Author Topic: Dynamic Brakes  (Read 1658 times)

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Dynamic Brakes
« on: March 05, 2017, 03:37:49 PM »
Hi Group,

I have a bunch of units that have dynamic brakes. As I'm installing the RP modules, I'm making sure that I include the Dynamic Brake sound file. When in a consist, when I select the Dynamic Brake sound to play, it only plays on the lead unit, not the rest of the consist.

Have I set up the Dynamic Brake sounds incorrectly? Should they be set-up similar to the notching prime mover? I've got them set up as just on and off.
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Dynamic Brakes
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2017, 03:56:46 PM »
You're doing it correctly Ian.  Ring hasn't yet set up the software to turn on the dynamic brake sound across consists by turning it on from the lead unit.  I've asked him about this many times and have pleaded for it to be addressed.  Perhaps if more users requested this it would happen faster?  As it stands now I don't use the dynamic brake sound because I want it to play across all units, not just the lead.

-Kevin

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Re: Dynamic Brakes
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2017, 06:45:08 PM »
Thanks Kevin. I'll only be using the sound on a friends layout to descend "The Hill" as we call it. My layout is a flat terminal operation, so Dynamics are not really an option.

Perhaps I'll drop a note to RE as well...
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's