Author Topic: Charging Cord for PA-1  (Read 3255 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Charging Cord for PA-1
« on: April 06, 2017, 01:05:40 AM »
Okay this might be of interest as it surely is my problem to be solved. In my move I seem to have misplaced the PA-1 power cord as it is most needed to charge the HC_2. My question, what does it look like? Any help? Cheers the old fardt in Arid-zona.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Charging Cord for PA-1
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2017, 06:18:16 AM »
Darryl,

The PA-1 looks like this, the charging cord in integral to it.

PA-1.jpg
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2017, 10:05:04 AM »
Thank Bill, I kind of thought that might be the cord I was needing and I think it was black in color maybe?.  Cheers  Darryl

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2017, 11:08:29 AM »
Yes, It's black.

Thank Bill, I kind of thought that might be the cord I was needing and I think it was black in color maybe?.  Cheers  Darryl

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2017, 03:18:32 PM »
Hmmm   I haven't seen the cord so I might have to fork out some loot and get a replacement. Oh well ! Darryl

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2017, 04:19:30 PM »
Hmmm   I haven't seen the cord so I might have to fork out some loot and get a replacement. Oh well ! Darryl

I checked with Tim Ring for you, He says you can contact him directly for a replacement PA-1.
He says "the cost is $12. Plus $3 for S&H to US destinations."

Cheers!

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2017, 05:23:06 PM »
Thanks Bill    I'll make another check through the many boxes for it would most likely somewhere in one of them and sure as anything, if I buy a replacement, the original will show up. Done that before more than once! Cheers, the old fardt in Arid-zona.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 01:13:00 PM »
 After a long search again and again, I just could not find that rascal so I will bite the bullet and purchase a new power cord. Hello Mr Ring ######

Now the club has decided after the set up at the fairgrounds and removal of the members modules, they  are going with a new fixed layout at the club house. Code 83 was the winner. After the layout is built, I just might find a fellow to join us with RP?

Cheers, the old fardt in Yuma

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 02:43:26 PM »
I have a long chat with Ring. I am sure glad I had a chance to discuss some things but I my quest for something to power my handheld, he said that since I have the HC-2b that I needed a PA-3 plus an USB cord. Ah ha, no wonder I couldn't find it as I was looking for a PA-1 which I never had?  Anyhoo, he will send me a replacement as he has not sold this before as no one has lost one till now. Price estimated to be around $18 including shipping. Now that is what I call service.

Back on track soon ########

Cheers TOF

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 02:56:12 PM »
Doh! I should have known you had an HC-2b. 

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 10:07:52 PM »
Price estimated to be around $18 including shipping. Now that is what I call service.

You likely could have found something much cheaper to do the same job. The PA-3 is just a generic 5v regulated power supply with a USB socket on it (note, I deliberately refrained from using the word port here, the charger has no USB capability). Bill posted us a picture back here: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,257.msg1719.html#msg1719 but to many I guess there's nothing like having the original part; and I don't hold that against anyone.

- Tim

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2017, 10:10:04 PM »
After a short wait, my power supply and cord arrived this afternoon from RP. USPS at times rather or not gets delivered in a timely fashion.This senior gated community has no home delivery and the mail might arrive at the community center, which is sorted by volunteers, between 11am and 5pm and once in awhile the following day !
 So my HC-2b is soaking up electrons from one of my wall outlets.  All is well that ends well. Now to get training soon ########### TOF