Author Topic: RailPro Assisiant  (Read 1718 times)

willist

• Fireman
RailPro Assisiant
« on: July 22, 2017, 01:33:31 PM »
I can not install RailPro Assistant on my PC.  After I download the software and try to open it I get the following error message, "Widows cannot access the specified path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item" Please help.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: RailPro Assisiant
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 01:46:35 PM »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
Willlist,

what happens if you right click on the installer and choose "run as administrator" ?
also what version of windows are you using?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

willist

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 03:18:30 PM »
I had to disable my anti virus.  I installed the software but when I try to use it I have to put in my name, email address and internet password.  It all ways says the password is wrong.  What password is it looking for?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 09:41:22 PM »
willist,

The password is one of your own choosing.

If you didn't enter a password previously just enter your email address and choose a password (you shouldn't have to enter your name if you don't want) and if should be all good to go.  If not get back to us and we'll see what further troubleshooting we can do.

If you have previously entered a password and it gives you the bad password message then you may have to contact Ring Engineering to reset it if you can't remember what you previously entered.

- Tim