Author Topic: Software download  (Read 13067 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Software download
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2017, 11:38:33 AM »
Joe, 

The real problem here, running Rings original file, is that Norton is getting in the way.
Feel free to give me a call this evening and I'll be happy to walk through it with you.

- Bill  (1-204-324-4807)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 11:56:38 AM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2017, 11:40:09 AM »
You need administrator or (elevated user) rights to write to the Program Files folders. Tim will walk you through it when the sun comes back up down under.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
If you want to try Tims Batch file again, right click it and choose "run as administrator".
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 12:13:00 PM »
Joe,

I didn't realise that your PC only had RPA 1.03 on it. That make it a little more complicated to do a straight upgrade instead of a completely new install. I may have to modify the batch file a little bit to upgrade such an old version, but as Alan said, that has to wait until the sun comes up (which sadly is only another 4 hours away).

If you want to try again using Rings installer, you can call Bill as he mentioned but upgrading this way from v1.03 to v3.00 will not keep anything custom you currently have saved in RPA 1.03. If you have no custom data in 1.03 that you couldn't stand to loose and you want to give the batch file another go, run it with administrator privileges (right click, run as administrator). That should work.

- Tim, now definitely going to bed, geez, it's quarter past 3 in the morning again!!!!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #19 on: May 10, 2017, 12:02:00 AM »
I've updated the offline installer batch file. Get it from the same place as before. It now upgrades RPA 1.03 as well and should keep any custom files (your own pictures, sounds etc) intact during the upgrade.

Run it with administrator privileges.

- Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #20 on: May 10, 2017, 10:01:15 AM »
Thanks everyone. I'm going to leave in a bit, so I'll try it tonight.

Joe

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2017, 08:06:03 PM »
I'm really sorry guys, but something came up today that i am going to have to deal with. I'll get back to this as soon as I can.

Thanks again, Joe

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2017, 02:50:10 PM »
Hi Guys,
The last couple of weeks have been a real nightmare. I just thought I would stop in and let you know that I haven't fallen off the edge of the earth yet, although some days I feel like taking the plunge.  :o

When I get time, I'll try to get this RP thing going again.

Thanks again for all your help.
Joe

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2017, 04:04:56 PM »
Joe, I'm going to come back to this thread and revive it after reading your post in the other thread.  All of the information related to your problem is here, so it makes sense to continue attacking your problem here.

What exactly have you done with RPA since you last posted here?  Did you install using the updated batch file that Tim made?  What version of RPA are you using?  Did you disable antivirus?  I'm completely confident we can figure out the issue and get this working correctly.  Let's just pick up where we left off.

-Kevin

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2017, 07:49:44 PM »
Hi Kevin,
I did download the latest version of RPA and got it to working until the HC-2 showed that it no longer had an internet connection. After some more research I discovered that I have Rev. 1.05 software on my HC-2's. I need to upgrade both of them. I just got on Tim's site and was not allowed to download the software using my win 10 confuser.

I'm 99% sure that my biggest problem is Hughes Net. When I'm on a cable driven WiFi I can access Tim's site and his software, I just need to get everything updated because I couldn't before even with my old crappy cingular web provider. Once I get all my ducks in a row, and have the opportunity to go back to my friends house, I think I can get this monkey off my back, and have some fun.

BTW, I didn't have to use Tim's program, nor did I have to disable my firewall or any security software, I was able to go right to the source finally with the internet source that I don't have.

Are there any other updates that have to be made to the original software to continue this quest? Are there updates for the LM-2's and LM3's also?

Thanks, Joe

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2017, 08:41:43 PM »
There are newer updates for the LM-2, 2s, 3 and 3s modules, as well as the Hc2 and RPA. Hopefully you can get them soon.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2017, 09:21:11 PM »
You will definitely want all the new updates.  And these updates have major changes....changes that we've been wanting for a long time. 

Be sure you update the HC-2 and any LM-2/2S or LM3/3S modules you have.  In order to access all the new features you will need everything fully updated.  The HC update is large, so expect it to take a while.  Also, there are all-new prime mover sounds that are simply awesome.  They are much larger than the old ones, so again plan for it to take quite a while to download to the HC.  The LM's need the newest program to be able to play the new sounds.

-Kevin

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2017, 09:43:48 AM »
To update the modules, do you put the update into the HC, or does that have to be done with a computer and a CI-1? If I have to drag all my engines to my friends house, that will be an issue.

About how long does it take to do the update to the HC? And how long do the sound files usually take. Can you now charge your HC while you download files?

Thanks again for the help.
Joe

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:53 AM »
The download will take quite a while. You can do it either way, but the best way is to use the CI-1 and the HC Simulator. This will eliminate the quick battery drain on the HC2 when downloading, copying and deleting files.

The HC2 will not charge while plugged into a USB port.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2017, 10:16:34 AM »
You can update the programs on a LM by using either a HC or a CI-1.  The program downloads to the HC and overwrites any previous versions.  You can then update any LM directly from the HC.

The larger sound files (new prime mover files) will take somewhere between 15-25 minutes to download to the computer, then load to the HC.  It takes about 15 min to transfer to the LM.  Be sure you start with a full charge on the HC....updating with these larger files will drain the battery somewhat quickly.

-Kevin