Author Topic: E-mail from Ring  (Read 1801 times)

Antoine L.

• Engineer
E-mail from Ring
« on: July 07, 2017, 12:27:18 PM »
Hello all

I am sure you all got the E-mail from Ring about the new Railpro assistant version. This echoes a thread about Ring Engineering not communicating a lot with the users. I think that email we just recieved is a step in the right direction and I hope they implement more of these emails. We recieve a lot of junk mail, but I wouldn't mind getting more from Ring. Announcements, new products, updates, etc.

:)

Here is hoping this becomes a trend.

Antoine
Modeling a mix of CN / Wisconsin central on a 12x15 freelance area.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Re: E-mail from Ring
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2017, 05:44:02 PM »
Can you post it here? I didn't receive anything from Ring.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2017, 06:43:11 PM »
Here is the email from Ring Engineering:

*** IMPORTANT RailPro Assistant Update

Thank you for using RailPro!  In order to server you better we have improved our RailPro Assistant program and server equipment that the RailPro Assistant program accesses from the internet. The equipment is now faster and has more dependable communication across internet connections with poor quality connections.  It will also be more dependable across wireless connections from your PC to your internet router too.

To continue using RailPro Assistant you must load the newest version 3.10 (or newer) to use the new server.  The old server will be taken out of service very soon and RailPro Assistant Rev 3.00 and older will no longer work.

Please go to the Ring Engineering RailPro Assistant page and load the new version. Link below:

http://ringengineering.com/RailProAssistantSoftware.htm

You should be able to choose the 'Upgrade' option (Complete re-install is not necessary).

Thank you for choosing RailPro!

Ring Engineering Inc.

Nothing new here, basically as announced here on June 28th.
https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,402.msg3038.html

Cheers!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2017, 08:28:01 PM »
Golly gee, I must be on that no email list from Ring as nothing came my way and I know I am signed up.  Oh well, thankfully there is always this website to get up to date information.  Rather warm NO make that HOT again here in Yuma and sure beats the freezing cold we experanced last winter way up north.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 09:20:57 PM »
The email was a surprise.

It is a very good step but I wonder if the lack of communication is what bought this communication on; we're pretty lucky in that we have a lot of people here that look out for things like updates and post them here for the whole community to see, others who are not on the forum are not so lucky. I can easily see that Tim Ring could have gotten a whole bunch of emails reporting RPA wasn't working (the old server was taken down before his email) because other users did not go and look at the What's New page on Ring website. I can understand that too, Most on the planet would be conditioned these days to expect the software to give notification of an update, not to have to manually check for themselves.

For those that didn't get the email, there could be couple of possible reasons. The email was sent from his email client and not a mass list mailer so perhaps you weren't in the address book (possible if you've not sent him a support email recently - or ever) or perhaps the list of recipients was too big and was truncated; or... check you spam folder.

Antoine, it looks like you can subscribe separately to receive marketing communications by joining the eMail List on Ring's website.

- Tim