Author Topic: Moderation  (Read 3088 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Moderation
« on: July 23, 2017, 03:21:21 PM »
Dear Members,

Today I had to put on the moderator's hat and remove a series of comment for the first time in the RPUG's history.

I removed the first comment because it was no longer useful and I removed the replies because they were no longer relevant.

If you have an issue with something somebody has posted, please feel free to contact me to deal with it, there is no benefit in publicly chastising another member because of a poor choice of words. It only turns people off and may even drive people away from our group.

I'm proud to say that this kind of thing isn't a regular occurrence here.
I hope we can keep it that way.

Please refrain from posting inflammatory comments.

Thank you everyone, you are all valued members here.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:29:55 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Moderation
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 03:38:24 PM »
Thanks Bill, I was thinking that thread should have been removed or at the very least locked.  We've never had any issues like that and hope to never have any again.  I considered leaving the thread alone but I felt it warranted a response.  In the end we are all people with lives apart from model railroading and the forum, and we extend help where we can; we can't please everyone.  It's helpful to remember that this is just a hobby sometimes.

-Kevin

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2017, 04:21:26 PM »
The bane of social media - it's social.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 04:38:21 PM by Alan »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 06:24:30 PM »
My apologies Bill, I should have resisted and just sent a PM but the "WTF" inside of me prevailed unfortunately.  :-[

It looks like you managed to delete the entire thread though and not just the particular comments; at least I can't find the rest of the thread.

- Tim

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 09:01:18 PM »
When I saw the offending post and thought about a reply. But then did not out of better judgment as I am only a new user as far as time goes. I see these things happen all over the web and just doesn't deserve a response from me. I am glad Bill took care of this straight away. Since we are only human, stuff happens.  The old fardt in Yuma..

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2017, 10:05:17 PM »
The original topic is still there, just buried deeply again...
https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,230.msg1361.html
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

TomO

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2017, 11:20:49 PM »
No great loss in removing his comments. Some folks have no patience. I do see he is posting at MRH.

TomO