Author Topic: A waste of time  (Read 4245 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
A waste of time
« on: June 17, 2017, 04:08:39 PM »
  Y'all   For the last six months or so I have been looking on eBay frequently for anyone selling used or new Railpro products other than dealers. In that time there has never been a listing !
 I wonder why?  Well not really as who would be wanting to sell these goodies?  Short story short, I am not going to be looking on eBay for Railpro, waste of time..  *Well that has changed recently 7-24-17....

The old fardt in 115 Yuma but cool inside :)  Went total solar power last week not making the local electric company happy but that is not my problem !!!!! 8)
« Last Edit: July 24, 2017, 03:41:42 PM by darryl.trains »

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: A waste of time
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 08:03:30 AM »
Part of the problem finding used RP equipment is that there is a limited number of RP users out there. Most model RR hobbyists, and almost all manufacturers representatives that I have spoken to, have never even heard of RP. Those of us who use it and like it are in the minority. Since we have not been using it for very long, you won't find the equipment for sale anywhere except some hobby stores.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 08:50:00 AM »
Part of the problem finding used RP equipment is that there is a limited number of RP users out there. Most model RR hobbyists, and almost all manufacturers representatives that I have spoken to, have never even heard of RP. Those of us who use it and like it are in the minority. Since we have not been using it for very long, you won't find the equipment for sale anywhere except some hobby stores.

Actually I think the reason you don't see much used railpro equipment around is because those that are using it are keeping it.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2017, 10:22:52 AM »

Actually I think the reason you don't see much used railpro equipment around is because those that are using it are keeping it.

I'd agree with this. The NRA slogan 'you can pry it from my cold dead hands' comes to mind;)
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

LanOsb133

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 10:04:54 AM »
If you have a Facebook check out the "Ho scale yard sale" pages for MRR equipment. I have seen a few rail pro systems on there for sale but I have decided I will be going new, with new decoders.  Mainly because I want the newest technology and the most amount of light inputs as possible.  The ones i have seen for sale are first gen.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 01:54:00 PM »
Almost like eating crow but then never tried that bird.  Yesterday just for chet & giggles I looked for RP on eBay for some reason and there was a new in the box  RP AR-1 Reverse unit up for auction. Well it had been there for many days as there was just a short time left, minutes, so I made my move. $20 plus $2 and change for shipping. Next thing a little later on, the auction was closed and I received notice I had the only bid and to pay for the AR.  First time I ever saw anything on eBay that was not a dealer selling RP.  The old fardt in Yuma

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 02:11:27 PM »
A lucky catch Darryl. I have my eBay notifications set for anything RailPro, and the only ones I receive are for the LM's from Yankee Dabbler. I guess I would be less than happy seeing a lot of folks dumping RP.
Al

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 03:12:46 PM »
Al
  I have notification of a product but this time eBay didn't pick this one up ?
I know there are many ways to list or have a notification such as RP, rail pro, railpro, ring engineering or even RE and this had one of these methods and but for dumb luck I found it the hard way. So now I will manually search eBay for RP etc once a week just in case someone might be selling an estate sale or the like and hit the jackpot. Not to hold my breath tho...
Cheers TOF in Arid-Zona

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 03:42:33 PM »
Good point Darryl. I will do the same.  ;)
Al

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 08:17:33 PM »
 Just a follow up on my eBay episode with the RP AR-1 Auto Rev. I received it like it was described, in the original box with instructions and the unit looked brand new. Lucky no one else saw it as my bid of $20 and the shipping was just a little over $2 got the job done.  Most likely that was a fluke but who knows, might get lucky again with other RP goodies if no one is looking, ya right!

The old fardt in Yuma