Author Topic: Sounds on the horizon  (Read 22622 times)

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Sounds on the horizon
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 09:39:51 PM »
I'm really not too concerned with the naming as it stands.  The new 645T file is actually a 16-645E3, but with all the other 645 variants out there it makes sense to leave it named more generally until we get the other variants recorded.  And those will come.  Eventually we will have all the 645 variants, beginning with the most common...16-645E3, 12-645E3, 20-645E3, 16-645F and so forth.  This will naturally include the non-turbo variants in all their glory.  When they roll in and are available it makes sense to be much more specific.  Either way it doesn't really matter....in the end we'll get the sounds that we've all wanted for so long.

I know that a 16-645E (roots) was recorded but the recording may possibly have too much noise in it.  There are others that have been and are planned to be recorded.

I'd stress that patience is a good thing here.  Basically all of the new (and I might add excellent) recordings have come from just one of our own RPUG members here.  He's taken it upon himself to provide better recordings than are available in the marketplace now, and it takes RE time to convert those into useable files.  You won't be disappointed in the new sounds, I'll tell you that.  RE has done something interesting in the coding and processing that makes the end result sound much nicer than any DCC offering I've heard.

-Kevin

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2017, 07:19:13 PM »
I got to hear some of the beta sounds last weekend and let me stress that we will not be disappointed. And I'm just as anxious as everyone else. My buddies Tsunami F7 blows my RP E7/8's out of the water on sound right now.

I have accesss to GP10's, a GP20, and a GP38 but I don't have sound equipment. I'd kill for a new 567 right now.

Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2017, 07:36:42 PM »
I have access to GP10's, a GP20, and a GP38 but I don't have sound equipment. I'd kill for a new 567 right now.

I think I remember seeing a list of recordings that Bruce has done, but I don't remember where it was.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #63 on: September 15, 2017, 07:56:52 PM »
I have accesss to GP10's, a GP20, and a GP38 but I don't have sound equipment. I'd kill for a new 567 right now.

PM inbound.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #64 on: September 28, 2017, 12:48:47 PM »
Jacob,

Tim Ring has a recording of a 12 cyl 567, but not a 16 cyl.

I am in the process of arranging access to a GP9 to record the 16 cyl 567, but if you already have solid access to this, perhaps we would be better targeting your access.

Please contact me offline to discuss some options.
I think we can arrange to get the proper equipment setup to you in after the first week of October.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.