Author Topic: RailPro Assistant. Server issue or blocked?  (Read 1838 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
RailPro Assistant. Server issue or blocked?
« on: September 15, 2017, 10:58:41 PM »
Got a new issue today. When I started RPA to check something I received the "Bad Email Address" error message. I've used the same email address and password in RPA ever since I signed up years ago and RPA shows the correct info in it's setup and still communicates to the server properly (I can see all the files available etc but of course downloading is not possible). Is anyone else having this issue or did I somehow "annoy" Ring sufficiently enough that I've been blocked?

- Tim

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: RailPro Assistant. Server issue or blocked?
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 08:06:13 AM »
Tim, I just got the same message after installing your latest patched version on my XP netbook. I clicked "Exit" and the program opened normally. I know they have been working on the server intermittently.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:27:08 AM »
I checked with Ting on this issue, he says "It is working now."
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:58:00 AM »
Thanks Bill (and Al).

Indeed it is working correctly now. For quite a few hours there I was wondering if I had done something to get myself blocked, given that the server was working but not accepting me as a user.

You must have a good business relationship to be able to contact RE on a weekend. Mind you, I somehow keep thinking it's Sunday there too when it's still only Saturday (insert face palm emoticon here!)

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 10:02:29 AM »
Tim Ring has been burning the Midnight Oil (or at least, the Saturday Oil) to get the new releases out for a few weeks now.

I think release of the new features is imminent.

I think your issue was due to updates to the server in preparation for the new releases.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:07:46 AM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.