Author Topic: RailPro HC Holster  (Read 1829 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
RailPro HC Holster
« on: September 16, 2017, 06:05:48 PM »
There have been some discussions in the past about modifying your HC to attach a lanyard. The lanyard idea is great and it is easy to add, but a recent discussion among the beta testers has reminded me that Tim Ring strongly cautions people not to open their HC's up.

This past week I received a wonderful gift from one of my clients. A pair of Hip Holsters that fit the HC perfectly! My customer got them surplus from his place of work. He thought I would appreciate them - and I DO! It's a very generous gift. Thank you!!

2017-09-16 RailPro Holster (1).jpg  2017-09-16 RailPro Holster (2).jpg  2017-09-16 RailPro Holster (3).jpg

The Holster is mounted on a strap that is meant to go around your waist. It holds the HC securely and snugly.

These are so awesome that I figured others would be interested in them too, so I set about researching where others could get them at retail. It turns out these holsters are for a handheld Motorola Scanner and are only available directly from the manufacturer of the holster unless you want to by a $1500 barcode scanner. Retail Price on the holster is north of $75 US.  Yikes!

It also turns out that I can buy them wholesale, but they are still quite pricey. My cost is $45.75 US plus shipping.

If anybody is interested in these, I am willing to get them for you at cost. There is no minimum order.

Cheers!
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 06:07:41 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

PatP

• Engineer
Re: RailPro HC Holster
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 03:53:21 PM »
Nice. Your pics got me to looking and...

IMG_0473.JPGIMG_0474.JPGIMG_0475.JPG

It's a little big but, $6.99 plus tax at the local Lowes. The magnet, which is in the front behind the piece of belting, might disrupt the screen if left in for any length of time, but it should be easily removable. A couple of small pieces of foam should tighten it up on the HC some, maybe one in the front to keep the knob from touching.

I also saw a couple on Amazon for anywhere from the same money to whatever you're willing to pay.

Not trying to compete, just looking,

PatP

Alright, you're going to have to tell me how you make the pics smaller on screen but larger when selected :-\
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 04:05:15 PM by PatP »

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2017, 04:04:07 PM »
That's fantastic Pat! A Great Find!

Just to reiterate, I have no skin in the game here, it's a zero profit proposition.
I am only offering to get these scanner holsters for people if they want them.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:59:23 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

CampbellRice

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:47:39 PM »
It would be nice to see RP intergrate a hook for a lanyard or a belt clip.