Author Topic: An exercise in fruititaly  (Read 4055 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
An exercise in fruititaly
« on: September 25, 2017, 12:37:59 PM »
This coming Wednesday night club's gathering will be my effort to show how RP works in it's entirety. On a board I installed the power supply, PA-2 in Bills custom holder, PWR-56 with AM-1b, AR-1, AM-1s plus mtb MP-5 switch machine. Also have one dismal engine to run on the club layout. I am going to bring along other goodies like cell phone speakers, LM-3s and a LM-3 to show and the main item, HC-2b with Bill's custom holder. I'm thinking about doing some LEDs too. Might be a night to remember or not !!!!  Cooling down a wee bit here in Arid-Zona Darryl
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 08:11:38 PM by darryl.trains »

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: An exercise in fruititaly
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 07:44:29 AM »
It may not be futile Darryl. I have converted three of my club members, just by having them watch me run my stuff. If you can bring one more engine and show them how simple it is to set up a consist, that will definitely leave an impression. Good luck with your display.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:35:06 PM »
It seems like the only real interest was a couple of fellows that are doing N scale.  One of the fellows asked about using RailPro in their engines?
Sadly I could not offer anything as the modules are too big for them to be installed but they really seem to like the rest of the RP items especially the handheld. I suppose sales would go way up if the modules could be made smaller or at least longer and chop the width?

Oh well ! I am still hoping for the Apple software to be made as some of us do NOT care for windoze's  PC.

I'll limp by for now.  The old guy in Arid-Zona

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 09:57:27 AM »
Darryl:

I'm with you waiting on RP Mac compatible software.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

MtRR75

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 01:01:44 PM »
Me too!!

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2017, 09:41:20 PM »
Fellers,  at the last meeting another fellow mentioned about using RailPro but he is doing N scale. He is interested but I said he could make it with a steam engine and installing the module. He only likes diesels!!! Oh well, I tried to help them but nothing. I might run RP at the next gathering as there is interest but I don't know if anything will happen. Maybe RP will consider those in N scale and make something happen. There is DCC in their scale so why can't RP do it?  The old fardt in Nawlins for fun.  8)