Author Topic: HC Control buttons guide - Discussion  (Read 1995 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
HC Control buttons guide - Discussion
« on: October 02, 2017, 01:57:15 AM »
I've posted the draft HC Control Buttons guide to the files area for community input.

https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,448.msg3596.html#msg3596

Please review it and discuss here (not in the thread in the files section). There are several buttons that need working out what they are (what they represent) and if they must be used for anything in particular, plus anything I got wrong that needs correcting. The rows in the spreadsheet are highlighted for the unknown buttons.

- Tim

« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 06:55:26 AM by William Brillinger »

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: HC Control buttons guide
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 06:12:38 AM »
Tim,

Thanks for your effort here, and also with the Bug List. Great work.

Question: Why did you choose ODS for the file type? XLS would make more sense to me as anyone with Office or Openoffice can open it.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 06:51:23 AM »
I chose ods simply because well, I use LibreOffice for everything and I guess it's just a carry over from my gradual abandonment of MS stuff by using it. Perhaps I should have provided an xls file (and I will if anyone asks for it) but as far as I know everyone here should be able to open an ods file from Excel unless they are running an old version; and I did provide a link and information that a portable run-from-usb drive version of the 100% free LibreOffice can be had. Who knows, if people try it they might like it.

OpenOffice has basically been abandoned. Most of the developers went over to LibreOffice.

2 new bugs posted today!

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:53:11 AM »
I've gone through the spreadsheet and updated the ones I am aware of and highlighted my changes in bright yellow.
I also converted the file to XLS and pasted the images into their cells instead of positioning them over their cells.

Libre/OpenOffice - Right I forgot about Libre. I consider them one in the same, even though they are not.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.