Author Topic: Mid train helper  (Read 4279 times)

hirailer

• Engineer
Mid train helper
« on: October 12, 2015, 05:56:47 PM »
Having more fun with RailPro

hirailer

• Engineer
Re: Mid train helper
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2015, 06:07:51 PM »
By linking three locomotives and placing the third mid train works amazingly well. It all took about about 15 seconds! Try that with DCC.

Mel

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2015, 09:03:23 PM »
Awesome!  I knew it would be great for DPU, but I had not tried it yet.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2015, 10:56:46 PM »
Mel - nice video!  Was the SD70 the leader in this consist?  Impressive that the whole thing could go backwards, uphill, on a tight curve without derailments.  I'd love to see more like this!  How about running the same test going forwards up the helix with an end-train DPU?

Also, could you rename the video so it could easily be found with the other Railpro videos on Youtube?  I don't think people will be able to find it with its current name.

-Kevin

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 11:15:33 PM »
Hi Kevin,
Yes, that's a SD70, most of the details are left off until I get all the track work the way I want it.  All my tracks and turnouts are hand laid, this section has certainly passed the test. The two GP40's are 30 plus years old, RailPro has given a new lease on life, they run much better than they did on DC.

I don't see a problem with turning tie locos around and placing the third on the end of the train. Tomorrow is a busy day for me so it might be Wednesday before I get a new video made. Photography is nothing new to me, but posting to youtube and this site is.

BTH, How do I rename this video?

Mel

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2015, 11:47:14 PM »
I think I figured out how to rename this video.

The video is now named  RAILPRO MID TRAIN HELPER.  This video can now be found easily simple be entering "railpro" on the youtube site and this video plus other videos pertaining to RailPro are there.

Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Mel

bnsf8000

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 10:24:49 PM »
Very nice Mel! Very good trackwork being able to go backwards up the track. I hadn't thought about a mid/end of train helper, but now you've stirred the pot!

Pat Waltz