Author Topic: Problem with RailPro Assistant Upgrade  (Read 20031 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Problem with RailPro Assistant Upgrade
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2017, 09:36:53 PM »
Sending data back negates the UDP advantage over TCP. Maybe he will rethink that decision if his email volume rockets up.
Correct. Perhaps I might send him an email asking why and explaining the issues people are having, though I don't expect any sort of useful reply.

Perhaps he should be here from time to time to hear first hand about issues with his product and customers. I'm not mad but I do think he needs a presence here.

Unfortunately, we are basically on our own (here at rpug) as a community with community knowledge. I don't think anyone knows the amount of effort Bill has expended in getting Tim Ring to acknowledge us and to join us. There's a case in point with the recent buttons guide that I could quote as an example but I won't. Of course if you have a problem and email him he will respond and try to help.

Fortunately many users do find their way here where we have a great community and are building a good knowledge base that allows us to solves problems that I seriously doubt TR would have the time, desire and possibly the knowledge to solve for a user. We are also fortunate that Bill has recently expended a fair bit of effort in promoting RP and the user group which should hopefully work for us. We can only wait and see what happens with Ken Patterson's What's Neat series.

Joe, don't give up, we are here and will continue trying to help solve your issues.

- Tim

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Problem with RailPro Assistant Upgrade
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2017, 09:49:59 PM »
Perhaps a gifted engineer, a talented coder, and a persevering individual. But marketer he is not. That may come to haunt when competition arrives.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro