Author Topic: Sounds  (Read 1829 times)

Carter

• Fireman
Sounds
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:14:43 PM »
Just ordered RailPro system so I have not run anything/system /sounds etc.

Is there a website (RailPro) that has the sounds and can be played (listened to) before dn loading? Also a list of engines for downloading, steam / diesel. I may be all wet asking but this came to mind as I searched RailPro site for sounds.

Carter

Also, are there any sounds available for the GG1 engines? Bigger question: do the GG1s make any sounds???
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:19:52 PM by Carter »

Ken Z

• Fireman
Re: Sounds
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 03:40:21 PM »
Carter,
I have just made my first install and used the sound marked EMD for my SW-900.  I would like to hear the other sounds also so I am watching for messages.  As for your question about the sound a GG-1 would make, I was only trackside a few times to hear one come and go.  It was noisey but no prime mover sound.  This again will be an interesting answer to watch for.

Regards,Ken Zieska
Ken Zieska

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 04:23:16 PM »
Carter - there isn't a place to sit and listen to all the sounds that Ring has available.  I do plan to make a video of all the updated features, including the new sound files, but I probably won't go through every sound.  Besides, the sound on a video is never the same as hearing it yourself. 

Ken - for the SW-900 you'll want to use the EMD 567, as it'll be the closest for what you need.  Is that what you used?  There will be more 567 variants coming in the future.

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
As Ken stated, there really isn't a prime mover sound for the electric GG1. Yet, I hate to have a silent locomotive when we have so many sounds available. So I use Ring's original EMD710 sound file on low volume. It is a bit noisy at startup but doesn't sound bad while running.

You can look up the correct sound file for your locomotive on Wikipedia, but there are many variables in each installation so it may be best to download several and see which one works best for you in each engine.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.