Author Topic: New member  (Read 4814 times)

Josephbw

• Conductor
« on: October 14, 2015, 10:30:26 PM »
I just joined up and thought I would say Hello. My name is Joe and I'm in western Ohio and about to start building my railroad. I will be using Rail Pro thanks to Kevin and some others already here that have pushed me over the edge from Digitrax. I looked at the Yahoo Railpro site and frankly I've never liked the format that Yahoo uses. This is much more user friendly and easier to navigate.

I've communicated with Tim a couple of times and as soon as I get some track laid, I will buy the system. That way if I have any issues I can solve them right away and not after the warranty expires.  :D

Right now I am waiting on the carpet guys to lay the carpet, then I can begin.

Joe

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2015, 10:37:18 PM »
Welcome Joe!

When you are ready, I suggest YankeeDabbler for the purchase, and ask for Free Shipping in the comment at checkout for orders over $100 ;)
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

glenng6

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2015, 11:16:47 PM »
Hi Joe and all other members.
I am, also, new and signed up tonight. I live in Bethlehem Twp, PA (near Easton).
I have been interested in RailPro for quite some time and hope to purchase a system soon. I have to say that I am grateful to Kevin, Bill and others that have provided so much helpful RailPro information on the MRH forums and YouTube. I look forward to a great experience on this user group.

Glenn

I just joined up and thought I would say Hello. My name is Joe and I'm in western Ohio and about to start building my railroad. I will be using Rail Pro thanks to Kevin and some others already here that have pushed me over the edge from Digitrax. I looked at the Yahoo Railpro site and frankly I've never liked the format that Yahoo uses. This is much more user friendly and easier to navigate.

I've communicated with Tim a couple of times and as soon as I get some track laid, I will buy the system. That way if I have any issues I can solve them right away and not after the warranty expires.  :D

Right now I am waiting on the carpet guys to lay the carpet, then I can begin.

Joe

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 02:10:54 PM »
Welcome Joe!

When you are ready, I suggest YankeeDabbler for the purchase, and ask for Free Shipping in the comment at checkout for orders over $100 ;)

Thanks Bill, I have already decided to purchase from Yankee Dabbler.

I had a layout years ago, but helped start a model railroad club in Greenville, Ohio and dismantled my layout and sold almost all of it. If interested here is a link to a youtube video of our layout. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74eZy-dbebo
We started the club in 1981, and I have been the president off and on for over 25 years. If there is any interest I can post some photos of my layout from back in the 80's.

LW93Rcode

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 06:17:46 PM »
Welcome Joe and Glenn!  I'm lucky enough to live 15 mins from Yankee Dabblers NJ store so if you ever need me to checkout anything they have or availability don't hesitate to ask.

Laurence
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 06:21:36 PM by LW93Rcode »

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 04:38:13 PM »
Welcome Joe!

Yankee Dabbler has been my go to guys for awhile as well.

Jacob Damron
Ft. Worth, TX
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org