Author Topic: Introduce Yourself...  (Read 83390 times)

Randy

• Fireman
Re: Introduce Yourself...
« Reply #150 on: May 24, 2020, 01:30:09 AM »
Greetings all! My name is Randy and I am building a 1:20.3 outdoor/indoor layout. I mostly am modeling RGS and have laid about 250 ft of code 215 and code 172 track and with llagas creek ties and turnouts and several scratch built stub turnouts in 215 and 172.
I have installed RailPro in a Bachmann Spectrum 2-6-0 tender,  a Bachmann Forney (along with a modified Bachmann chuff circuit board for synchronized chuff) , and I have scratch built a loco similar to the RGS #4 Goose for my wife which I installed a Railpro system in.  I have gathered sounds for making a gas engine sound file for the goose, that revs up and shifts gears as speed increases. I Joined this forum because I cannot seem to find any information on creating a prime mover sound file like the Railpro diesel files that auto notch up when speed increases. I have made files that start, idle and shut down, and manually rev up and shift gears using individual buttons on the HC,  but would like to create a sound file that does this all automatically.
I also have several Airwire and Phoenix systems installed in several Bachmann c-19's, and had a Phoenix P-8 installed in the Bachmann 2-6-0 along with the RailPro, so that the chuffs would be synchronized. (That was a VERY tight fit which eventually resulted in shorting out the railpro, so I installed another modified bachmann chuff circuitboard and removed the P-8 for more space).
Hope to work with you all in making our hobby more fun!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #151 on: May 24, 2020, 09:03:54 AM »
Welcome Randy. We've got a few large scalers here now so you've got some good company for your large scale projects.

As to the sound file, no you can't yet make a engine sound file that auto notches (shifts) like Ring puts out, a major failing after all these years IMO but if they are all your own recordings you can send them to Ring and he can (perhaps, eventually) make them into a downloadable auto notching engine sound file. It is highly likely he'd put that file up for everyone to download so you'd need to say no to that if you wanted to keep it private (in which case I'd suspect it not to be done given the work involved).

- Tim

Randy

• Fireman
« Reply #152 on: May 25, 2020, 12:30:58 AM »
Thanks for the reply Tim!
Alas, I suspected as much about keeping the Auto Notching a secret. Spent a LOT of time searching and researching and experimenting. In my many years, I have seen many great products lose their opportunity trying to keep the inner workings a secret too long. Still hoping for some action on the purple wire. That is really the only reason that I have purchased Airwire systems: the synchronized chuffs.
Well I think I will browse this site more and see what I can learn or help with.
Best wishes!

sandy.hadsell

• Fireman
« Reply #153 on: July 07, 2020, 12:42:35 PM »
Hi everyone,
My name is Sandy Hadsell (Named after Koufax), from northeast Ohio, and I am new to Railpro. I have been modeling in HO on and off since I was ten. I am currently building a medium sized layout in the basement of our new home. All of my previous layouts were wired for DC and after reviewing several DCC options, I chose Railpro because of the Wireless Feature and Touchscreen simplicity shown in the videos. I am also interested in safe and easy battery powered installs. I am currently modeling the Green Bay and Western in the Wisconsin Rapids and Plover areas. Electronics and wiring are not my strong suit, so I will be watching the videos and reading the posts from the User Group on installation tips and other advice. Thank You for establishing this user group to help us all enjoy the hobby more.

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
« Reply #154 on: July 08, 2020, 06:43:58 PM »
Welcome Sandy
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

Mike3326

• Brakeman
« Reply #155 on: July 14, 2020, 11:53:42 PM »
Hello everyone,

I’m fairly new to G scale modeling. I model 1970’s era (and newer) freight after my father who retired from SP. I have a 220’ loop in Los Angeles, but plan on creating something much larger in 2022 (when I retire and move to Washington). I attended the NGRC in Portland and was overwhelmed by DCC and the wiring involved. I’ve been running an NCE system from the start, but find it very frustrating to use when creating consists on my layout; Not to mention the pain in the butt and costs involved in converting locos to DCC.  I’m not super confident about installing decoders on my own, so I got a couple of SD70’s with Railpro from RLD hobbies this month. Robby sold me on the Railpro system (which I never heard of). The functionality and crisp clean sound is amazing. I’m a true fan now. My goal is to learn how to install Railpro in all of my locos and enjoy my time running trains and less time trying to figure out why they’re not functioning or programming CV’s.

KiloWhiskey

• Engineer
  • Kevin W.
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2020, 12:35:21 AM »
Very cool.... welcome aboard.
Kevin

In my defense, I was left unsupervised....

ironacres

• Fireman
« Reply #157 on: July 30, 2020, 10:10:33 PM »
Hello Phil here.  I am retired, spent a great deal of my life in the dredging industry as an operator and later 20 plus years in the shop doing repairs, fabrication, welding.  Not counting my time in the Army in the 1970s, and an electrical / excavating contractor in the family business, 1980s.  Had a mix of other jobs in my early years.  Now enjoying my retiree time devoted to model railroading, G scale, and other hobbies. Hope to learn a few things here.  Thanks. 73.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #158 on: July 31, 2020, 09:03:38 AM »
73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

tigerpawz

• Brakeman
« Reply #159 on: August 08, 2020, 08:21:03 AM »
Hello Everyone - My name is Cameron and I recently transitioned my garden railroad from DC to battery with RailPro as my C&C. I grew up modeling N and HO specifically Canadian RRs but since moving to Texas have moved into G and 1920-40s steam Colorado & Southern. Have a 200' L garden layout focused mostly on running trains in loops while enjoying the backyard. Looking forward to learning more about what my new RP system can do and contributing where I can. Cheers!

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #160 on: August 08, 2020, 07:02:34 PM »
Welcome, tigerpawz, you have joined a group that includes very knowledgeable members in about every aspect if model railroading and especially Railpro. Any questions you may have regarding Railpro can be answered here. Just post your problem here and you will get an answer in a day or two.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

Filip

• Fireman
« Reply #161 on: August 12, 2020, 08:33:18 AM »
Bonjour Everyone, Nice to find this RPUG Forum. I live in France - Centre but original from Flanders in Belgium. My name is Filip and I'm almost retired .. but still young at heart ( The reason I play with trains...)
An 'armchair' modeler for to long coming from a childhood Märklin 3 rail system to the DCC 2 rail and in the build of my second layout "The AnneliesVille RR" since 2018. Running on NCE Power Cab for the moment but tired of the wires and CV programming. Now is the time for a change and Railpro is my choice after examining the 'Systems' around and seeing YouTube vids from Kpack and others. I love all aspects of this fine hobby but electronics are not my piece of cake, although handling the soldering iron is not a problem.
So, I like to step in and find 'the' answers to my questions here.
Since 'English' is not my mother tong please excuse me for the language 'mistakes'.
I have a blog on MRH with photo updates: https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/36273

Looking forward to meet you I send you my 'Happy model railroading greetings'
Cordialement, Filip

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #162 on: August 12, 2020, 10:08:27 AM »
Welcome Filip,

I don't think you've much to worry about English not being your mother tongue, your coming across absolutely fine.

- Tim

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #163 on: August 12, 2020, 11:04:25 AM »
Bonjour, Filip, and welcome to our group. It is composed of experts and newbies and answers are readily available to all questions, even to my dumbest ones. 
Don’t worry about language difficulties, we would have the same if this were a Belgian site. Enjoy your Railpro and run your trains!
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

Filip

• Fireman
« Reply #164 on: August 13, 2020, 06:53:26 AM »
Bonjour Tim and Cecil,
Thanks for your warm welcome. I feel home already !
Greetings, Filip