Author Topic: Introduce Yourself...  (Read 83364 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Introduce Yourself...
« Reply #165 on: August 13, 2020, 11:38:08 AM »
We have had a number of new members recently and I would like to take this opportunity to welcome all of you here!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

MKTKaty

• Fireman
« Reply #166 on: August 13, 2020, 02:30:58 PM »
Hello RPUG; Thanks for allowing me to join the group, I'm not just brand new to RP but to RR modeling also. I'm retired and started modeling outdoor G Scale MKT (KATY) and RIO Southern Lines. Our layout is fairly small just 200ft. of track with 4 switches, a couple tunnels and a trestle. For now I have USA SD70MAC UP KATY 1988 Heritage Loco and Bachman Big Hauler 4-6-0 Anniversary Steam Loco and various rolling stock. Lots to learn!

Leon

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #167 on: August 13, 2020, 02:52:43 PM »
Welcome, Leon. To us inside railroaders, 200’ sounds like a lot of track. We wouldn’t mind seeing some pictures.  ;)
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

MKTKaty

• Fireman
« Reply #168 on: August 13, 2020, 06:33:16 PM »
Well, tried to send some pics but wasn't successful. haven't figured out my way around the page yet.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #169 on: August 13, 2020, 07:29:35 PM »
Use this

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Bob Van Deusen

• Fireman
« Reply #170 on: August 25, 2020, 06:02:51 PM »
Hello My is Bob Van Deusen  I'm from Adams, Massachusetts in Berkshire County which is in the western part of the state. I am a G scale modeler in particular battery garden railroading. Have been modeling train since I was a young boy. I'm now sixty years old and still play with trains!!!! 

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #171 on: August 25, 2020, 06:57:59 PM »
Welcome, Bob. Glad you’re enjoying the hobby. I’m just north of Albany, not too far from you.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

ON28

• Conductor
« Reply #172 on: August 25, 2020, 07:28:20 PM »
Hello My is Bob Van Deusen  I'm from Adams, Massachusetts in Berkshire County which is in the western part of the state. I am a G scale modeler in particular battery garden railroading. Have been modeling train since I was a young boy. I'm now sixty years old and still play with trains!!!!

Welcome! There's a major model railroad exhibit being developed in North Adams.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=178&v=2jVJU9upN8Y&feature=emb_logo

NoahT

• Brakeman
« Reply #173 on: September 10, 2020, 11:19:43 PM »
Hey all! Thanks for allowing me to join the group. Noah Toomey, living outside Seattle. I've been collecting G scale (mix of scales) since 1985. I've got ~200 LF of track in our yard, running a mix of LGB, USA Trains and Bachmann. My 9 year old son is getting into the hobby as well with his first LGB Stainz Set. Lots of fun.

Until now, I've only ever run rail power., with a traditional/old school controller. Doing a lot of research, I've jumped into the RailPro world : ) I'm just installing into a bachmann Climax and USA Trains 44 ton switcher to start. Hopefully soon I'll be trying to wire into an LGB Forney.

Cheers!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2020, 06:17:07 AM »
Welcome Noah,

We're getting quite a few large scalers on here now which is good. You've got a good hobby to share with your son, fingers crossed his interest lasts a lifetime.

- Tim

MKTKaty

• Fireman
« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2020, 01:33:55 PM »
Hello RPUG! Thanks for letting me join the group. Leon McGee, living in Mt. Vernon IL. I'm not only new to this group but to modeling as well. I'm running G Scale MKT and Rio Grand garden railroad lines. My USA SD 70 is set up on RailPro LM-3S-G and hoping to add LM 3S-G module to my Bachmann Annie 4-6-0 ASAP. Anyone have any pointers on installing the module in Bachmann?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #176 on: September 18, 2020, 02:43:59 AM »
Welcome Leon.

You might get a response (we have quite a few large scalers here now) if you ask your question in the RailPro Discussion and Help Thread, which is the primary thread to get help (this one is basically to say "hello, this is what I do" so I imagine not everyone reads it).

- Tim

EmeryJ

• Fireman
« Reply #177 on: September 28, 2020, 02:09:22 PM »
Hello ya'll,
I am Emery from the Mansfield, Tx area.  My railroad is in the beginning stages and have a RP kit with many modules still in boxes for almost a year now.  Progress is happening, but still awhile before the electronics will be installed.
Thank you for allowing me to join this fine group.

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2020, 07:43:11 AM »
Hello, Emery. I am also from the Mansfield area but Mansfield, Ohio, and I am also in the early stages of layout construction. Like you, I had my RP equipment about a year before installing it. I took advantage of that time by reading every posting on the site and tried to remember where I found it.
 Welcome to the group and don’t be shy about asking questions, there is a great depth of knowledge available be simply asking a question and it is free information.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

Espeelark

• Fireman
Hello from northern Cincinnati!
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2020, 05:40:06 PM »
Hello! I'm located in West Chester, OH - which is a northern suburb of Cincinnati. Digitrax's DCC system is the strong contender here n this area but have always been intrigued by RailPro. The deal was cinched for me when I operated on a layout in the Indianapolis area.
I finally started construction of my multi-deck SP Lordsburg District HO scale layout earlier this year, and am getting close to when I'll have the first of my track laid. I'm going to need to run something on that track so will be purchasing the RaiPro starter kit and at least one loco module soon.

Also, I have been retired now for just over one-year so have the time needed.

If you are interested in my layout, I've been blogging it over at the MRH site. You can find that here:
https://model-railroad-hobbyist.com/node/38537

Looking forward to taking advantage of all of the tribal wisdom resident here on the pages of RPUG!
Espeelark (Paul Mac)
Modeling the SP in Ohio
"Bad is never good until worse happens...."