Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 1610 times)

ironraptor

• Fireman
Hello all!
« on: December 03, 2017, 06:13:36 AM »
Hey there everyone, my name is Kedric.

Recently purchased the railpro system not too long ago and am loving every bit of it. Taking it to the Great Train Show in my city at my clubs layout to show it off a bit today. Hope they get a kick outta it.

One problem I have ran into is I'm trying to add a coupler clank sound I downloaded thru the RP assistant and its RE's sound file to boot. I got it to transfer to the handheld no problem, but the sound file won't show when I go to select the sound for that button. I've gone through and updated both the HC and the LM-3S module software to 2.02 and 2.03 respectively but it still won't show any of the accessory sounds like coupler clank, sanding or start up warning. The engine, bell, horn all work great, and those files do show when I goto select a sound but no accessory sounds.

I've gone ahead and purchased the RP assistants extra features but it'll be Monday at the soonest before they are active and I can try importing files from my PC but I would still like to find a way around this issue as it may persist. Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks for any help in this matter!

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 06:34:53 AM »
Welcome to the group Kedric!

How much free space is left on the module you are trying to copy these files to?
You may have to delete some unused sounds first.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 06:42:14 AM »
Welcome Kedric,

Did you copy the file to the LM after you downloaded it to the handheld controller? You must do that first before you can assign the sound file to a button.

I'd suggest reading the users guides here at RPUG: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/board,10.0.html, specifically the Illustrated Downloading, Copying & Updating with RailPro Guide.

While it seems your familiar enough with some of what's needed to be done to get sounds etc to use it sounds like your missing a step in the sequence, ie, copying the files from the handheld to the LM. The guide will take you through that.

Bill, I do believe trying to copy to an LM with full storage gives a copying error. Been a while since I tested that so I could be wrong.

- Tim

ironraptor

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 08:35:50 AM »
Thanks guys, that was exactly my problem. I had the generic diesel engine, horn and bell on there before. That's why I thought everything was good. Now that I've corrected it, the actual GE engine sounds ALOT better. So awesome. Thank you guys very much!!!

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2017, 08:56:43 AM »
Kedric, Don't forget to update the Product Program to the current version!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.