Author Topic: Trailing Unit not stopping  (Read 4688 times)

MRL Trains

• Fireman
Re: Trailing Unit not stopping
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2017, 07:43:06 PM »
That's a good pint Alan.

I love a good pint!   8) ;D
Modeling the Mullan Pass in 1995

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2017, 08:29:58 PM »
Alan, what's your point?   :P ;) :D  lol.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 10:09:05 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2017, 09:54:39 PM »
I haven't used my CI-1 in a while, so it may have changed.  It likely did because I remember noticing that it took forever to load a prime mover file when the CI-1 hadn't been released, and I was working with the first beta software.  I've tested with it since, but my laptop was having issues recognizing the CI-1 so I set it aside (laptop and software problem, nothing with Ring Engineering).  I have another laptop now where there is no interfering software so I'll do some additional testing.  That's another topic though, not related to the original post.

-Kevin

MRL Trains

• Fireman
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2017, 10:17:21 PM »
I did some testing tonight.    There seems to be about a 10' distance limit from the CI-1 to the locos. After that things can start to get flaky. I was moving it closer and farther, higher and lower.  Intermittent signal loss would pop up occasionally at any location beyond that.

For "trailing unit not stopping" issue, I was not able to make that happen tonight.  The only real change I've made since I had the problem was to lower the top speed when I speedmatched  to my DCC locos.  I think I'm going close this issue until I get an HC-2.  If it happens again I'll document all settings and see if I can get it on video.  Until then I'll be running in DCC mode anyway. 

Thanks for all the great comments and advice! 
Chris
Modeling the Mullan Pass in 1995