Author Topic: New member and a view from a new non-user (yet)  (Read 6399 times)

Joel B.

• Fireman
New member and a view from a new non-user (yet)
« on: October 21, 2015, 12:57:52 PM »
       Hello to the forum. I am glad I found it. Hopefully soon I will have the need to actually purchase a Rail Pro system. I'm very early in the construction of my first "real" layout and I had been gathering info for the proper installation for a dcc system. When I saw the early vids at MRH and some of the forum posts and the negativity on RailPro by some people, I knew I had to know even more. I am also glad the folks a Ring opened up their system and provided a way to allow users to to directly add content them selves. I am so happy that I even deleted most of the dcc related info I had acquired off my computer. RailPro just seems what it should be like to simply run a model train. I have done some programming of in-motion weighing/inventorying/sorting devices thus I dreaded the day I would have to dive in to the dcc world. Now it looks like things will come along a little more quickly as I wont need to learn dcc just to play with my trains.   
     WooHoo and Hurrraayyy!!!
Thanks for this forum and the work of those involved.
Joel B.

KPack

• Conductor
Re: New member and a view from a new non-user (yet)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2015, 04:00:03 PM »
Welcome Joel.  Hopefully you find yourself in the position to buy Railpro soon.

I used Digitrax for the first time in years this last weekend, and I instantly remembered why I switched to Railpro.  So un-intuitive. 

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2015, 10:19:07 PM »
Joel, I have been using RailPro for over three years, and I'm sure you will not only enjoy using it but you will find it much simpler to use than DCC. I belong to a club and have used their DCC now and then.  :( So far I have converted three other members to RailPro because, as Kevin said, DCC is very un-intuitive.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 04:32:16 PM »
Welcome aboard Joel. I'm a former Free-mo DCC chief (Digitrax) and current club member with an EasyDCC equipped layout. I've been DCC free for a year and have never looked back!

Jacob Damron
Ft. Worth, TX
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

Craig

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 06:49:10 PM »
I've had my RailPro system up and running for about 2 weeks now, and as far as running trains go I absolutely love it. Admittedly I don't have any DCC experience to compare to but it is so simple to use I can't imagine DCC could even compare. Installing my first locomotive module (Bachmann DCC ready GP7) turned out to be a little challenging as I had to finagle quite a bit to fit the module in there, but I learned a lot on the first one and the second install into a sister GP7 wasn't bad at all. I'd highly recommend RailPro to anyone looking to a simple yet realistic way to operate their trains.