Author Topic: Charging Issue  (Read 2321 times)

rbdamon

• Fireman
Charging Issue
« on: January 21, 2018, 06:05:43 PM »

I am a new Railpro user. I have purchased an HC-2 and when I charge it charges but eventually the battery indicator bar only goes to the 3/4 mark and then I get the message on the Display "Faulted Charger Under Current" I think at this point it is fully charged even though the indicator is incorrect. It seems to work ok but this is not the behavior I would expect. Anyone seem this before?

Ben

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Charging Issue
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 06:24:01 PM »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 06:07:21 AM »
Make sure your HC is updated with the latest program, REV. 2.03 and then perform the drain down and full charge as described at the link Alan provided.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

rbdamon

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 06:58:48 PM »
So my attempt to upgrade to 2.03 isn't going so well. Not sure why I received a product with older firmware? This was new stock. Anyways as a Mac user (hint hint) I had to drag out the only laptop with I have with Windows 7 that I keep for such emergencies and although I have loaded a sound file ok the controller upgrade continues to error out with the message "Timeout waiting for file"

Update
Ok I spoke too soon after a reboot I was able to update to 2.03
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:04:57 PM by rbdamon »

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2018, 07:26:26 PM »
2.03 for the HC is quite recent. It would only be loaded on product that left Ring in the first week of January or later.

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

rbdamon

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2018, 07:34:18 PM »
2.03 for the HC is quite recent. It would only be loaded on product that left Ring in the first week of January or later.

Ok that makes sense. I purchased early Dec. and had to wait a couple weeks for new stock to arrive. Will let drain the battery tonight.

Thanks for all the help!!

rbdamon

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 07:59:01 PM »

Issue resolved! Thank you, Bill and Alan!!

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2018, 08:00:06 PM »
Issue resolved! Thank you, Bill and Alan!!

Fantastic!