Author Topic: Unrequested reversing of locomotive  (Read 3274 times)

IRW

• Fireman
Unrequested reversing of locomotive
« on: January 23, 2018, 05:46:43 PM »
I am having issues with locomotives reversing direction, sometimes on 'dead' spots and sometimes while running.  New throttle is causing the issues, an older throttle with the same locomotive in the same spot has no issues.  Supposedly the throttle was updated to the latest version by the dealer before it was shipped to address the charging issue.  Any ideas?  Have not had this issue in the past.  Occurs with both a recently installed LM3 and ones that are older.  Any ideas?

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Unrequested reversing of locomotive
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 05:54:33 PM »
Verify your HC is updated to current software. Take a look at this thread: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,512.msg4019.html#msg4019
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 06:20:20 PM »
And make sure your LM's are updated too.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

IRW

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2018, 06:43:59 PM »
Trying to connect to ring to download the upgrades.   Having issues with that.   I bought this system because I thought it would be less trouble than DCC.  Very much regret the choice.  I want to run trains not deal with upgrades and spend time at the computer.  Will try to save my investment but just about ready to start posting it on ebay to be done with it.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 06:56:39 PM »
Call Tim Ring and tell him the issues you are having. He will help you to solve the issues you are experiencing.
There have been a lot of changes lately and some of them have not played nicely.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2018, 08:09:36 PM »
IRW, sorry you are having update issues. Ring updates are designed to improve the system and add new features. Most of the time, they do just that. Occasionally, there may be a glitch, which Ring will usually resolve quickly. To the best of my knowledge of DCC, components must be returned to the manufacturers to be updated or repaired.

The RailPro system is overwhelmingly easier to use than DCC. I have no personal interest in RP, except as a satisfied customer, and I think you would be making a mistake by selling your RP products. As Bill stated, Ring will help you get the downloads and start enjoying the system.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 04:48:38 PM »
The issue that you are having is due to outdated software.  Like Bill said, there have a lot of very recent updates to software (one of which addresses the reversing issue you are describing), and more than likely the modules and/or the controller do not have the most up-to-date software.

Once you get the connection issue resolved with the Ring server (call Tim like has been suggested) you'll have smooth sailing.  You'll want to be sure you have the connection issue figured out because there will be more updates in the future that increase Railpro's capabilities further.  New sounds and functions are always being released.

-Kevin

IRW

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
Issues resolved.  Tim Ring is superb at helping stupid old guys fix stuff.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2018, 09:39:06 PM »
Dang, I was hoping to pick-up your system off eBay for a bargain.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2018, 09:53:48 PM »
IRW - (name?) Glad you got that sorted out.  And now you've seen first-hand why we all keep saying that Ring Engineering's customer service is unparalleled. 

Now go enjoy running Railpro!

-Kevin

roofintrash

• Fireman
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2018, 07:01:29 AM »
Issues resolved.  Tim Ring is superb at helping stupid old guys fix stuff.

Was it just an update issue or something else? Ive had a few reversals also ever since I updated my HCs.
Rick

crzytrnbuf

• Fireman
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2018, 03:22:38 PM »
   I am new here and had some issues, also I called RE and expected to get Some one who would have no Knowledge of what I was talking about,as I have heard happens at some of the DCC Manufacturers To  my Great Surprise Tim Ring personally answers the phone,Where else is that going to happen,and very carefully and non hurriedly he answers all your Questions,Thank You Tim Ring!!
For being there for us.