Author Topic: RailPro Assistant 3.21 released  (Read 7073 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
RailPro Assistant 3.21 released
« on: January 23, 2018, 06:32:51 AM »
Revision 3.21 of RailPro Assistant has been released.

This update should fix an issue where the HC-2b could not be detected by RailPro Assistant under certain circumstances.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: RailPro Assistant 3.21 released
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 08:24:12 AM »
Yay!! is this related to the same bug you found earlier Tim?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 04:02:10 PM »
It most certainly is the same bug.

- Tim

cnw4621

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2018, 09:55:31 PM »
Having an issue, I tried downloading v 3.21 of RailPro Assistant, and it kept getting quarantined by AVG. Now, when I try to download the software, it gives me the error: "Error -could not copy files from Ring Engineering."

Any idea what is going on with this?

-IKE
cnw4621

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 07:15:25 AM »
AVG strikes again? It's getting worse day by day  :(

There's a couple of things you can check in AVG to see if it's still preventing the various components of RPA (the installer, the downloaded package or the program itself) from functioning.

Firstly I'd check the Virus Vault and see if you can restore the quarantined RPA executable. I had to do this twice and AVG now leaves RPA alone.

Next I'd check the Firewall logs (Options -> Firewall Settings, click Expert mode button, then click Logs) to see if the RPA installer has an entry that say's "blocked". If there is an entry and it says blocked we should be able to fix that by adding an exception for RPA by selecting Applications on the left hand side of the screen. Then check if there is an entry for RPA or the installer already in the list of applications. If there is an entry and it says to block it you can edit the entry to allow it. If there is no entry in the applications list you may need to create one.

- Tim

cnw4621

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 09:35:03 PM »
I turned off AVG completely, still getting the  "Error -could not copy files from Ring Engineering."

Now what?

cnw4621

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »
Ok, downloaded the offline installer, was finally able to get v 3.21 installed on my PC.

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2018, 04:40:33 PM »
I'm running into issues getting RPA 3.21 installed. Going from RE's site, I get "cannot download files from Ring Engineering". Trying to install the offline version, I get "could not copy RPA package".

Oddly enough, I easily updated my HC-2bs from the RPA 3.20 I currently have installed as well as downloaded the latest LM-2S & LM-3S updates.

Clearly I can communicate with the RE site, so what am I doing wrong?

I live in a major city with high speed internet, so no worries about satellite internet, etc.

Thoughts?
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2018, 04:59:47 PM »
Ian, try deleting the existing RPA file. It is located in Windows Explorer/ Program files/ Ring Engineering. Then download V. 3.21 again.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2018, 05:20:32 PM »
Ian,

If your getting "Could not copy RailPro Assistant Package" from the offline installer this means that Windows is blocking the installer from copying the package file to the correct directory, namely C:\Program Files\Ring Engineering\RailPro Assistant . I'd hazard a guess that's the same reason you get the "Could Not Copy Files from Ring Engineering" error when using Ring's installer.

Try running Rings installer as Administrator (Right click, Run as Administrator) and if that doesn't work try running the offline installer as  Administrator. If neither work running as Administrator we'll have to discover why Windows is not allowing either installer access to the directory.

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2018, 05:21:42 PM »
Thanks Guys. I'll give those options a whirl.

Stay tuned!
Ian Lisakowski

CPRail

• Conductor
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 12:37:55 PM »
Running the RPA as Admin did the trick. Thanks for the input guys!
Ian Lisakowski

drisdon

• Engineer
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2018, 12:10:42 AM »
I realize the new software has been out for sometime but I'm finally getting around to it. I have to use a 15 year old windows laptop for this and I have the firewall and anti virus off. Its windows xp. I've tried updating rev 1 software, reinstalling rev 1, downloading new version 3 and nothing works. Actually it says the new version installed but I cannot find where or how to access it. Please help!

drisdon

• Engineer
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2018, 12:24:45 AM »
Ok...tried installing rev3 again and it completed but now i get a new error...railpro is not a valid win32application.
What to-do?

Thanks,
Dan

drisdon

• Engineer
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2018, 09:38:55 PM »
Thanks to G8B4Life I now have the Railpro assistant working on my ancient Windows XP laptop.  Now, to figure out how to download things as its been over a year and a half since I last did this.

Dan R.