Author Topic: Need to download the new revisions to HC-1/LM1S...  (Read 1928 times)

bnsf8000

• Fireman
Need to download the new revisions to HC-1/LM1S...
« on: February 05, 2018, 04:27:01 PM »
   I  have 12 LM1S that I will be using. 8 are currently in use. If I do the new downloads/revisions what is the best bang for my buck. I realize the LM1's can't download everything with not enough memory. This may be the same for the HC-1 also. With the new sound files out will I be able to put the new loco sound/bell/horn/headlight/ditchlights. If I can get most of that on my LM1's that would be okay with me. Am I dreaming? Does the HC-1 have enough memory for this? I'm sure some of you have been this road and I'm hoping you can give me some suggestions. What can I get on the LM1's from the new downloads/revisions? I want to use the LM1's because I got a lot money sunk in them. Thanks!

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Need to download the new revisions to HC-1/LM1S...
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2018, 04:31:28 PM »
LM-1? - Contact Ring about an upgrade offer. I know he'd like to see all of the LM-1 series decommissioned and he talked about offering a trade in plan.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

bnsf8000

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 04:44:43 PM »
 I will do that Bill. I hope he does have something in store for an upgrade. Is the HC-1 adequate for the new downloads/revisions? I talked to Tim 3 or 4 times about 4 years ago. Always a good conversation! Thanks!

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 05:20:40 PM »
Several years ago, I sent my HC-1 into Ring to get upgraded to an HC-2, for a nominal fee. Ask Tim if that is still an option.

The LM-1's do have a very limited memory for sound files. I don't think any of the new Ultimate files will fit in along with bell,, horn and light and picture files.  If you get an update from Tim on a LM-1 upgrade, please let us know. I've told him I am interested, but I don't want to keep bugging him.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

bnsf8000

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2018, 05:30:11 PM »
 Thanks Al! I will let everyone know what Tim says about the HC-1 upgrade and LM1 possible upgrade. Hopefully it is going to be an option. Thanks!

BruceRogers

• Engineer
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2018, 07:46:36 AM »
I believe Ring is working on a software update that will allow the LM-1 modules to have almost all of the features of the current LM modules.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2018, 06:01:21 PM »
I believe Ring is working on a software update that will allow the LM-1 modules to have almost all of the features of the current LM modules.

That is interesting.  He wasn't sure he'd be able to fit all the new stuff onto a LM-2 back when he first released the major update.  The LM-1 is significantly more limited in memory storage.  Sounds like he may have found a way to make it work.

No way that the new sounds will fit on a LM-1 though.  They take up most of a LM-2S, leaving just enough room for most of the other basic sounds (horn, bell, couplers, air, handbrake, etc).  Just barely enough room.

-Kevin