Author Topic: Get Tim involved  (Read 3417 times)

TomO

• Fireman
Get Tim involved
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:41:41 AM »
I’m not trying to stir anything up but Tim Ring needs to get involved pushingRailPro. If it wasn’t for Kevin (kpack), MRH Forums or Bill B. I wouldn’t be running RailPro and that is sad. If he has a chance to be on Ken Patterson’s What’s Neat and doesn’t do it, he’s wrong. I bet Bill could get him on The Modellers Life podcasts. MRH could interview him or set something up in there videos, JoeF. Is always looking for good content.

I just purchased the NCE ProCab to run alongside RailPro because I want a Prottlethrottle by ISE after trying it at Trainfest in 11/2017 and there is no current interface with RailPro. The NCE is a nice unit, good pricing, easily understood and IMO cannot hold water compared to my RailPro. I run RailPro through the rails and have 2 consists doing DeadRail. The model train world is missing out on something they should know about. Reading a MRH forum topic today and yesterday about helping a modeler chose a DCC system both Twinstar and Bill mentioned RailPro and you know what, it was not dismissed by the group. I think the Original Poster already had in mind Digitrac but there at this time was no opposition to RailPro, which is greatly different then even a few months ago. Maybe the tide is changing and we need to have the Manufacturer help us promoting a great product. At Trainfest I found one and last weekend at The Mad City show there were 2 guys running RailPro on the club modular layouts. People need to understand how great our system is.

Does anyone have any ideas how we can get Tim R. to understand this or are we beating a dead horse? I know there was a previous discussion here but we need to try again. Is it worthwhile to have one of us contact Ken Patterson or Modellers Life if Tim says no to himself doing it. I understand how tough and time consuming running a business can be, but...

I’d even be willing to do a couple Midwest USA shows demonstrating RailPro if Tim would ok it. Does RailPro need a funding source to increase publicity? I’m grasping but we have a great system here!

TomO
Verona, Wi.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Get Tim involved
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »
Tom, I have tried on at least two occasions to get Tim to let me set up a booth for RailPro at the huge Amherst MRR GTE show in Springfield, MA, with no luck. He told me he would rather rely on the internet for publicity. I don't know why he isn't more proactive about such a good product. Maybe he is afraid of getting swamped and doesn't have the inventory. He is really a good guy, and if that's the way he wants to run the business, it's his choice. I think he should make an appearance on Ken's podcast or in MRH, but it is up to him.

Meanwhile, I will continue to enjoy what we have and look forward to whatever new features he comes up with. I will also tout the system to anyone whom I think may be interested. For all Tim has done for me, it's the least I can do.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

MtRR75

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 11:51:20 AM »
He told me he would rather rely on the internet for publicity.

OK, I can understand that, given the cost and time involved in doing shows.  But Ken Patterson's What's Neat and Model Railroad Hobbyist -- that's internet!

TomO

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2018, 12:13:00 PM »
Thanks guys, I do understand it’s his company and his choice but his product is so good. If he’s happy that means a lot but will he allow us to do more? Do we need his permission if we are not affiliated with Ring Engineering? I would think we needor would want his permission. I never thought though he might be maxed out and we’d have to live with that! 

I have a couple guys thinking hard about a new system and they are leaning toward RailPro and as Bill has stated in the past this is a great system to get started on if you don’t have a lot of locos to start with.(except Lee in Utah who went in whole hog)

TomO

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2018, 12:36:13 PM »
I have encouraged Tim to connect with Ken on several occasions. I thought Lee and I had him onboard for a meet up with Ken, but I guess he got sidetracked again. As always I encourage others to contact Tim and tell him what you think!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

crzytrnbuf

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2018, 02:24:28 PM »
Talked to Tim Ring today had a couple of problems i got some useful info,had a problem with a LM-3S that burned out my fault,but Tim told me to return it,and said usually 3/4 of them can be repaired told me to send him a e-mail for info on how and how much to have them repaired.
I also talked to him about getting the word out,about Rail Pro and going to shows He said is is very Very Busy,I told him about a show we are having Our Club Niagara Orleans Model Railroad Engineers(nomre.railfan.net  in Western New York In Lockport N.Y. in April 28th,29th He did say something about a big show that he may do,no other info at this time.  Den

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2018, 03:13:30 PM »
I'm not sure who he has working with him, but I imagine it's a very small operation.  There is an awkward point in business where you may find yourself possibly ready to expand, but to do so you need to hire more people and increase your overhead.  And will that same volume last indefinitely, or will you need to cut back and let those new employees go eventually?  Not an easy decision.

Like Al, I do what I can to share Railpro and the merits of the system.  It's the least I can do.  Speaking up on forums is great, but I think videos and/or pictures reach more people and they can see and hear it in action.  On that note I have several videos I need to wrap up and get out there.

As much as possible we ought to try and steer new users towards this forum so that we can aid in any issues they might have.  Tim has the best customer service, but with all the new Railpro users there he could easily get swamped just answering questions and fixing small problems.  If we as a group can solve the smaller issues then that frees up Tim's time to develop products and sounds.

Two of my friends have recently jumped to Railpro.  One of them I am going to be test installing Railpro into brass steam to see how it does.  The more people see it and use it, the more they will get on board.  The system speaks for itself.

-Kevin

TomO

• Fireman
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2018, 07:30:10 AM »
I’m not going to give up but I will contact Tim to see what can if anything be done. I
‘ve been in the position of expansion of a business and it is very frightening. Going from yourself to now being responsible for additional people is a very tough thing. As I said yesterday, I never gave it a thought he maybe maxed out.

Kevin, your previous videos are what convinced me to buy RailPro, thank you.

TomO