Author Topic: LM-3s updating  (Read 1688 times)

Dave

• Fireman
LM-3s updating
« on: January 31, 2018, 09:01:21 PM »
Well I have updated the HC and downloaded the new LM-3s update.
I transferred the LM-3s update to my two running engines.  At the end of each update I was told to wait at least 30 seconds.  Came back and when I clicked on either locomotive icon the screen went to the Locomotive page than slowly went white and rebooted the HC to the first turn on screen.

Any thoughts on what went wrong or how to access my engines?

Dave

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: LM-3s updating
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2018, 09:30:15 PM »
Dave, you can try updating the HC again, and possibly the LM3s. If that doesn’t work, the HC may need to be reset, but before doing that, I would give Ring a call.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Dave

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 01:20:03 PM »
Thanks for your suggestion.

Updated the HC and LM-3s again.  Unfortunately the HC is still going to a white screen.

I guess I will try the reset option.

David

Dave

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2018, 02:09:15 PM »
I thought I would just update my problem with the HC.

Last week (about 3 weeks after my initial problem) I finally contacted Ring Engineering.  We exchanged a couple of emails where he clarified the settings that were on my HC and said he would create a patch to fix this behavior.  I received an email about an hour later that things were fixed and I should re-download the HC update.  That I did and the HC now works fine again.   This whole matter was completed in a 3-4 hour time period. 

Pretty great service!!

Time to convert another engine to Railpro!

David

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:43 PM »
Good to hear, Dave. Tim Ring can usually figure out what's going on. I wonder if he will release another update based on your experience?
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.