Author Topic: It's a start  (Read 3277 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
It's a start
« on: March 22, 2018, 09:41:16 AM »
One of our club members showed up last night with a RP End of Train device. Another fellow asked to use my handheld as he bought a RP non sound module for one of his engines.    "And the road goes on forever"

The old fardt in Arid-Zona 8)

Carter

• Fireman
Re: It's a start
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 11:30:29 AM »
Hi Darryl. a long time ago did you live in Alaska around Anchorage? You moved to Arizona are you near Yuma?

Reason for my post now is to follow up on one of your post about several engines to trade for Deco building (s). Can you be specific on what engine and asking price, please.

Carter

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:36:59 PM »
Carter.  I never lived in Alaska and I really enjoy the weather in Arid-Zona.  Heat over cold any day for me and my lady.

I have a lot of Bachman On30 engines, freight and a few other brands. My train room is like a warehouse with lots of plastic crates full of trains. I started listed and selling HO brass engines on eBay and next will be FSM kits. If I know what you are interested in plus what you might be willing to trade, we might be able to make some kind of deal.

I hate to say this after all these years but I still have TOO many trains !!!!

The old fardt in Yuma  8)

Carter

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 12:48:32 PM »
Thanks Darryl will be away a few days and get to you later. I had a brother retired Marine and lived his lift in Yuma. You like it HOT Yuma is the place. 125 in the shade when I was there.

Carter

PS HO Scale please. FSM sounds interesting.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 08:44:29 PM »
 Another first this morning. I brought my handheld to the club this morning and one of the members had an engine that was going to be fit with a module. After attaching the module, the engine was DCC ready, he did run the engine without the cab but after trying to put the cab on with the module attached, there was not enough room !
 Looks like he will have to pull out the circuit board and hard wire the module. He said he was going to do just that.

So next week the club is setting up for the local county fair and looks like two of us will be running railpro on our time slot.

This year is starting off pretty good in that endeavor.  Weeeee

The old fardt in Arid-Zona  8)

CornellFe

• Brakeman
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2018, 08:56:12 AM »
Thanks Darryl will follow up with my Stenabolic results in a few days and get to you later. I had a brother retired Marine and lived his lift in Yuma. You like it HOT Yuma is the place. 125 in the shade when I was there.

Carter

PS HO Scale please. FSM sounds interesting.

Sounds very promising. I'm really interested to know if hard wiring works as expected. Did this already go down, Darryl?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2022, 08:17:34 AM by CornellFe »