Author Topic: Slow  (Read 5981 times)

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Slow
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2018, 11:14:19 AM »
Shows just how easy it is!

Personally, I am not a fan of paste solder either. It is convenient because it frees up one hand but I have experienced cold/failed joints with it. Conventional soldering is way more reliable IMHO.

One might also consider adding an insulator over and between all the cap connections for added protection from shorts. While installing in a loco you may accidentally press against the cap leads shorting them together. A small bead of silicone caulk works well. Cure it before applying the Kapton.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

JeffShultz

• Fireman
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2018, 06:19:22 PM »
I haven't been running nearly as much as I want to. But I did just buy another LM-3S, as I discovered I was having fun sticking the LM-3 that was supposed to go into a second GP9 into locomotives I was testing for MRH First Look articles instead. So, if I ever get that thing known as "free time" again, I will be back working on it. 

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2018, 10:45:04 AM »
I too have been crazy busy with life stuff, so not much time to work on trains.  I did go through and update all my locomotives to the most recent LM-2S and LM-3S revisions though.  And I've been weathering off and on every once in a while.  But now that spring is starting to come around my attention is going to be focused on the huge number of outdoor projects I need to get done.  And maybe if all goes well I will have a shop built this year that will house my train/layout room in part of it.  Fingers crossed!

-Kevin

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2018, 10:59:15 AM »
Yes, I have also been updating LM's and some weathering experiments.  No spring yet in Minnesota-definitely have spring fever!!