Author Topic: Error Msg: "Rm Dev. Busy Too Long  (Read 2964 times)

JD of Georgia

• Fireman
Error Msg: "Rm Dev. Busy Too Long
« on: May 16, 2018, 03:43:17 PM »
I received an error message "Rm Dev Busy Too Long"  while trying to copy sound files to my locos.  I was using two controllers trying to copy to two separate engines at the same time.   Is this a "No-No"? 

Thanks

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Error Msg: "Rm Dev. Busy Too Long
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:32:32 AM »
I believe the full error message is "Rmt. dev. busy too long write file error".  I've never encountered that one but I've never tried to update two LM's at once. My guess is that trying to update two LM's at once from two controllers is the issue. The only advice I can give is to try updating each LM at a separate time to each other and see if it happens again is.

- Tim

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2018, 08:26:30 AM »
I just encountered the same error message while attempting to update an LM-2s from version 2.04 to v. 2.09. This only happens with this particular module. I have updated others without issue. If I exit and try again I receive a “Cannot connect” error. The module itself works fine otherwise.

Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2018, 03:04:42 AM »
I believe I've had this message once before (after my May reply of course).

If I remember correctly the HC or CI-1  (whichever I was using, probably the CI-1) was not altogether close to the module. Moving it real close, as in only a couple of inches away let the update or copy, whichever I was doing complete.

All I can suggest is to keep trying, perhaps in a different part of the house if you have other wireless devices in the same area.

- Tim

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2018, 09:47:16 AM »
I'm using the HC2, and have tried moving the loco around to different areas and placing the controller right next to it. I haven't had any radio interference problems. Strange that it only happens with this module. I have sent an email off to TR to see what he has to say.
Al

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2018, 11:04:16 AM »
I contacted Tim. As a result, he has released rev. 2.08 for the HC2. That took care of the problem.
Al