Author Topic: Dimming Headlights  (Read 1434 times)

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Dimming Headlights
« on: June 11, 2018, 08:45:39 PM »
Hey Group,

I'm experiencing this issue with every loco that I have that has lights (some bulbs, some LEDs). I have downloaded and install the 1 sec Rev light patch.

When I go to Dim the headlights, they dim like they should. Press the Dim button again and they go right out. If I press the headlight button again to bring them back to full intensity, they don't do that.

What am I doing wrong?

Also, on the units that have ditchlights, how do I get the ditchlights to turn off when the headlight is put to Dim? Right now I have to press the ditchlight button and then the Dim button.

Thoughts, comments, rude remarks?
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Dimming Headlights
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2018, 10:13:16 PM »
This sounds like you might not have all the correct revision files set. Make sure you have both the 1 sec on/off Rev 2 file set for the headlight and also have the Dim Rev 2 file set for dimming, and of course that you have the latest revision program for the LM as well.

The ditchlights do not turn off automatically when the headlight is dimmed, you have to do that separately like you are doing now, which I believe is the prototypical way of doing that.

- Tim

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Re: Dimming Headlights
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2018, 08:07:06 AM »
Thanks Tim. I was unaware of a revised DIM file. Everything else is on the latest revisions as of last night.

I'll download the DIM file tonight and see if that resolves the issue.
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's