Author Topic: 1 HC-2 cannot find 1 decoder  (Read 2119 times)

SWA737

• Engineer
1 HC-2 cannot find 1 decoder
« on: July 02, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
 I have 39 converted engines to railpro and 9 railpro throttles. Thats 351 combinations. All is good except 1 throttle cannot find 1 decoder.  That means 350 combinations are good and only 1 is not. I've been scratching my head for several months on this and cannot figure out what the problem is. I even pushed the little reset button in on the back of the throttle but nothing changed.  The other 8 throttles easily found that decoder in that engine. The throttle that cannot find that decoder has found all 38 other engine decoders.  During an operating session, I have to tell people that that throttle cannot find that specific engine.  Really a mystery. Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Rob Cooper

Carter

• Fireman
Re: 1 HC-2 cannot find 1 decoder
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:33:15 PM »
not sure but talking to Tim Ring (same problem) recently his suggestion was to reset the password. May help you.

SWA737

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 09:03:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply but I'm not using passwords. It is a mystery.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2018, 09:18:20 PM »
You may not be using passwords, but of there is corrupt data in the password for that LM it may be blocked from being acquired. Try resetting the password and then find it.

It is also possible that that LM is already listed on that HC with a different name/number. In which case you need to find the old listing for it and remove it.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

gcarter1945

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2018, 06:17:44 PM »
I had the same problem not too long ago.  After much help and suggestions from the folks here and Tim Ring, it turned out that I had one locomotive in my list twice, so that when I went searching for the one locomotive that couldn't be found, I did find under an alias.  It wasn't too difficult for me to find the culprit because I only had three pages of locomotives to go through, you've got 39.  It's only a matter of time.  I put the offending loco (#166) on a test track and then selected each loco on the HC-2 until I could control the bad boy (turned out to be (#130, which I didn't realize I had two of).  I couldn't control the locomotive using the other 130.  Then it was just a matter of resetting it to the correct name.  At least this is what my faulty memory is telling me.  Hope this helps.

Geoff
Too soon old, too late smart.