Author Topic: Creating sub forums for scale  (Read 600 times)

Josephunh

• Fireman
    • View Profile
Creating sub forums for scale
« on: October 16, 2018, 09:38:26 AM »
Now that Railpro supports HO up to G scale now, wondering if it would be better to create sub groups by scale?  As a G scaler when I look through some posts I sometimes get confused as know the HO folks use different equipment form those of us in G scale,  that and issues we can run into can differ between the scales.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
    • View Profile
Re: Creating sub forums for scale
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2018, 07:47:16 AM »
Just one instant reply opinion without any deeper thought (that will happen after a goods night rest).

I can't see a need for this at this time. Overall I think that anyone who had a problem or had something else to communicate about a RE product that was not the "H0" version would write what the product was (eg, the LM-3S-G) in their post.

A similar type of segregation was suggested a long time ago for the installs board, with different sections for DCC ready, hardwire etc. I took the opinion that it didn't matter as all installs were worthy of learning something from so the segregation wasn't really needed (note, the decision wasn't mine, that was just my opinion).

I feel the same applies to segregation by scale at this time. I don't think we have enough users here in scales other than H0 that makes it necessary, and could even serve to isolate those members in a lonely board from the bulk of the site. If we had hundreds or thousands of active members posting then sure, it could be a boon then but right now I'm just not seeing it; and if I was in a scale other than H0 I still wouldn't seeing it.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • View Profile
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Creating sub forums for scale
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2018, 08:20:57 AM »
Thanks for the suggestion Joseph. At this time I tend to agree with Tim. It's not needed so far.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.