Author Topic: Cannot get software download to work in locomotive  (Read 1325 times)

Gp10trainman

• Fireman
Cannot get software download to work in locomotive
« on: August 17, 2018, 09:18:24 PM »
I have been trying to get my first RP locomotive working for a couple of days. When I first loaded it up, its a steam loco, it had the diesel engine sounds, horn, bell and they all worked immediately. I thought this is really great. I deleted them and downloaded the steam bell, horn and engine sounds to the RPA and then to my hand held/to locomotive. Bell works great, could not get the whistle or engine sounds to work. Have deleted them several times and reloaded them via the RPA and also direct from Ring to the handheld. No luck. Any help would be appreciated.
Frustrated in GA.

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Cannot get software download to work in locomotive
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2018, 09:47:16 PM »
When using steam sounds you MUST use the buttons for steam, otherwise those sounds will not work. The steam engine button is programmed to play the steam sounds correctly, the diesel button is programmed for notching.  The two types of sounds do not work in the same way.

Use the whistle button for the whistle sound as well.

My guess is that this will solve your problems. Be sure to save before running the locomotive. Let us know if you still need more help with it.

Kevin

Gp10trainman

• Fireman
Re: Cannot get software download to work in locomotive
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2018, 11:27:04 AM »
Thanks Kevin; I now have the correct  sounds and need to go to work on the chuff rates. I printed out Doug's speed table info and will  try it out.  However in listening closely to the steam loco sound, I hear a diesel engine noise in the background and occasionally a turbo between chuffs. I deleted the diesel loco software previously. Any thoughts?