Author Topic: Ditch lights  (Read 1923 times)

jjwdadof4

• Fireman
Ditch lights
« on: October 02, 2018, 05:13:07 PM »
I just got the new 911 first responders loco and put in the module in everything works fine except the ditch lights on the rear am I doing something wrong or is there wires I need mess with

Josh
Thanks
Josh

Just having fun

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Ditch lights
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2018, 05:24:21 PM »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 07:37:43 AM »
I really need to update that ditch light guide one of these days  ::)

Josh,

A little more info would be good. I'm not sure what the problem is for you as you don't say what the ditch lights are not doing that they are supposed to (or you want them to) do.

- Tim

jjwdadof4

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 12:29:51 PM »
Tim- they don't even come on

Josh
Thanks
Josh

Just having fun

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2018, 01:13:13 PM »
You need to hook up the rear two function wires (off the 6-pin harness) to power the rear ditchlights.  If you plugged the LM into the 9 pin harness on the board, but didn't do anything with the 6-pin on the LM, then you only have 4 of the 6 functions hooked up.  The four functions will control the headlight, rear light, and front ditchlights.  The additional two are required for the rear ditchlights.

You will need to either solder these to the board (not sure if it has pads for that....need a picture), or solder the wires directly to the rear ditchlight wires WITH a resistor.  Otherwise you will blow the bulbs immediately.  I'm assuming these are still Athearn's bulbs and not LEDs??

-Kevin

jjwdadof4

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 07:49:27 PM »
Kevin - this is a 21 pin DCC ready loco I got the 21 to 9 pin harness all the other lights work except the rear ditch lights and the number board

Josh
Thanks
Josh

Just having fun