Author Topic: Headlights  (Read 2096 times)

Dave

• Fireman
Headlights
« on: November 29, 2018, 03:02:27 PM »
I have a Bowser C-630 that I can't seem to get the headlights to function.  The headlights work in DC.  My other engines are Rapido and I don't have problems with the headlight.  Everything else works fine on the Bowser unit except the headlights.

Any thoughts?

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Headlights
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 03:11:54 PM »
Sounds like you have the incorrect function wire assigned to the headlight.  See the video I posted in the other thread on how to change the assigned function wire.  My guess is that it is for some reason assigned to a different wire than what it is hooked up with.

Alternately, if your locomotive has a 21 pin plug, then perhaps the headlight is powered by a wire that is not connected to the 9-pin harness that connects to the Railpro module.

-Kevin

Pequeajim

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2019, 07:25:06 PM »
Is there a default for front and rear main lights? Do I have to assign them in some way before they will function I was testing it today and I can't get the front and rear lights to work.

Coupe633

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2019, 09:06:42 PM »
I am a new RailPro User and have installed my first 7 LM3-S into Broadway Limited Blue Line locomotives and have successfully been able to program the motion functions and am in the process of downloading and installing the proper Prime Mover sound for the diesels and have also changed the sounds for my Steam Locos. Where it now get's weird is I have a pair of SD-9's and only the rear light is on. There is a front light as well as a cab light that I would like to be able to control so that when the loco is reversed the front light dims and vise-versa. The Broadway locomotives have the standard 8 pin connection and with a TCS harness it was easy to plug in. I did have to solder the two brown wires on the included pig-tail harness to the speakers without any drama. There are another 4 wires which the instructions indicate that I need to tape up so as not to short. It seems that the LM3-S controls the board in the loco (other than the sound) which means that the lights should be controlled through the 8 pin connect from the LM3-S. My question is that since the locomotives have 8 pin connectors, do I still need to connect the loose wires to the lights which means to de-solder the lights from the board?

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2019, 09:51:29 PM »
No you shouldn't have to use the extra wires (2 are function wires, 1 input wire, and 1 constant positive).  The function buttons for the headlights and cab lights are likely not set up right.  You will need to figure out which function wire is connected to which light by trial and error.  Go into the locomotive settings screen, then navigate to the function button set up.  On the lights that aren't working, change the wire assigned to the function by tapping on the wire color button on the bottom of the screen.  Exit settings and test it out.  If it doesn't work, then try a different wire color on the button.

-Kevin

Coupe633

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2019, 04:25:02 PM »
KPack thank you so much for this information. The instruction booklet only touches on some things and this is one of them. Now I have something to work with, thanks to you. I don't mind testing and trial and error as long as I know I am at least in the right area of what I need to be doing. - David